Tallebudgerra Bream

tomca

Last chance to get some practice in for some clear water breaming. I have a comp next weekend up at Noosa, and rather than driving all the way there I drove to Tally Creek and cast around the bridge pylons for an hour. To get the bite I was down to a 2lb leader and using 30mm silver minnows and getting smoked time and again. Tactics changed and best results were with unweighted gulp worms drifted past the pylons. Caught 7 bream(3 legal) 2 tarwhine and a flatty, trev and moses perch. All from the same spot. Fingers crossed I keep that mojo going. Last months comp I caught 7 species of legal size and only one bream of 14cm :angry:

yes T/box, taking my fly rod but bastardised technique. Intermediate clear fly line and tiny hooks with Gulp maggots and earthworms. Can park the yak far enough away to not spook the fish and get the cast into the zone.

Leighton, crystal clear water, incoming/top of tide.

Just using my cheapie kayak spin stick. A 1-3kg Mojiko tournament rod with a 2500 size reel loaded with 6lb fireline. My other rod is a 2-4kg 7' rod with a 2500 daiwa loaded with 10lb spiderwire, stiffer rod for muscling the fish out of the structure.

Archived