Tilapia Fishing

JETfusion

Hello people!

Does anyone know of fishing locations in which tilapia are in abundance? I would like to fish them out. It would be excellent if the suggestions are close to my house (ie. north Brisbane area).

Thanks in advance. ;)

PS. Can you please specify the location in longitude and latitude so I can look it up on Google Earth?

hi mate, if ur willing to drive to oxley (5mins from moorooka - magic mile), check out "Oxley creek" forums.... there is a small creek running through oxley and can be seen from the main road. Its near bunnings.

I mentioned in another post, i saw a guy fish in the creek there yesterday and he showed me his bucket which was filled with 4 monters tilapias!! 3-5kg each and approx 50cm long. I couldnt believe it!, that a small brown colored creek had massive fish! Sorry mate, dont know the street name but from moorooka heading to oxley, you will pass rocklea.... on the left, you will see a small creek ON THE SERVICE ROAD,which sits behind a Bunnings.

The guy wouldnt tell me what bait he was using but he did say he catches massive carp there too....

Good luck.

hi,

yeah thats the one!!! The Bunnings next to Granard Rd.... you drive infront of the bunnings and follow that street down about 100m, then you will see a tyre shop... the road bends left... follow it 150m then thats where it is!... there is a very small bridge there... and thats the creek!! its only about 5metres wide...

I still cant believe how big those bloody tilapias were that Tony caught...

taib wrote:

hi mate, if ur willing to drive to oxley (5mins from moorooka - magic mile), check out "Oxley creek" forums.... there is a small creek running through oxley and can be seen from the main road. Its near bunnings.

I mentioned in another post, i saw a guy fish in the creek there yesterday and he showed me his bucket which was filled with 4 monters tilapias!! 3-5kg each and approx 50cm long. I couldnt believe it!, that a small brown colored creek had massive fish! Sorry mate, dont know the street name but from moorooka heading to oxley, you will pass rocklea.... on the left, you will see a small creek ON THE SERVICE ROAD,which sits behind a Bunnings.

The guy wouldnt tell me what bait he was using but he did say he catches massive carp there too....

Good luck.

lol, my warehouse is just up the road from there, but i've never really bothered fishing that creek . If you look at the different shops/warehouses/machine shops around the area, you can sort of imagine the different kinds of chemicals that are probably going into that creek. i personally would steer clear from the water itself.

if you're chasing those tillies for a feed, i reckon you'd be better of going elsewhere. (bear in mind, possession of any tilapia is illegal)

Archived