Boating Etiquete

Jedd95

Hey,

The other day my uncle and i went fishing yesterday out the mouth of tingalpa creek and we found a quiet spot away from all the other boats, and after we land some good whiting and a large lizzard, then four of the people fishing the channel buzz over and anchor up about 10m away from us. What do you guys think about this

Happens all the time at Scarborough. I catch a few and some genius anchors right where I cast. I then cast to the other side and keep getting into them. When they up anchor and come around, thats when I become Booty, but my casts are aimed at the driver :ohmy:

It happens all the time and it culminated in the bay one day with me giving a guy an absolute gobful after he ran across my float lines! :angry: Seriously, get you own bit of water... I'm using this one!!! I just make a smart remark to them about getting closer next time, etc etc... It is funny as when you keep catching and they get nothing though... Very satisfying!

It is very common, but it is even worse up at Hervey Bay. You can smile and put up with it, move away, tell them politely to keep further away, or give them a gobful. I have at different times done all the above. On one of my recent shark trips down the river a boat saw me into a fish and came and anchored about 20 m away. I got the spottie out and had a good long look at them he he. Always pays the have the biggest brightest spottie.

Archived