Mojiko Rods & Reels

GrantP

Does anyone have any experience of Mojiko rods and reels? (my local anaconda is full of them!!)

The rods feel nice, but at the same price as a Dropshot, it's hard to choose 'Mojiko'!

The reels are currently on special (40% off), and I very nearly bought one of the blue 4000 size models. The blue puts me off a little, but at around $42 after the discount, this seems a very reasonable price for a 10 bearing reel!

Any experience with this brand would be appreciated.

I have mixed experiences. The reels aren't great. They work ok but shell out a little more for a basic shimano or something.

Rods - the best surf rod I have is a mojiko. Awesome bit of kit. I have a 6-8kg rod which is pretty good. Had a 1-3kg rod from a few years back and it was crap. They use all different blanks now so hopefully a little better.

Hope this helps.

Benno

I have 2 rods, one is a light 2-5kg 1pc bream type "Tournament" rod and the other a 4-7 1pc 7ft "Ironbark" spin stick.

Have had both for a couple of years now and have found them to be quite servicable, and good value for money.

Also have a cheapie 3000 size spin reel that has served me well (only running 4lb braid on it), though it looks pretty ruff. It is not as well built as shim/daiw etc but also a fair bit cheaper when on special.

Don't pay full price for any Mojiko stuff, it comes on special all the time, get it then!

Never owned one of the rods but have looked over them and they do look pretty decent for the price bracket. but yeh they are frequently on sale so line up your purchase with the sales...

Never looked at the reels and prob would never buy one ot be honest..

• 8 years later...

A few years ago,i went to anaconda,and they had a runout sale.they had mojiko rods going forc60 bucks.i looked atvthem,and at the time,the guy in th store told me mojiko was making tournament rods on daiwa blanks.th rods came with a serial no etc,and i checked themnout and they were,theycwere top quakity well finished rods on daiwa blanks.i bought a 6ft tournament 3-5kg baitcadter rod.which ive hammered to buggary.caught everything from barramundi to cod on,even tho its a bit light,it did th job.and i yse it regular.i have a 6ft 2-4kg rod as well.and usecit every week.never fails.If u find a mojiko tournament black rod one piece that wss built around 6yrs ago,grab it.theyre excellent quality strong,and gave a rough feel tobth tip section similar to an ugly stick.i found one on Gumtree forc50bucks ..grabbed it atraight away

Archived