Mooloolaba Octopus

Cowfish13

Went out from Mooloolaba today to chase some mackerel and later, some reefies. We got a couple of Spotties, however, we arrived at about 7 and they'd obviously been hammered earlier. Later, I also got a 40cm Grassy; but they're not interesting ;)

Anyway, Jack thought he had a rock but when he pulled it up, it turned out to be this big Day Octopus (Actual name according to Wildlife of Moreton Bay). Was pretty cool to look at, so we got a few pictures :) Released unharmed btw. He slowly glided down to the bottom, like a parachutist

Octopus1.jpg

Octopus2.jpg

Also, later, Jack wound up an undersized Blacktip Rock Cod and when he released it, a huge Squid appeared and caught the Cod and proceeded to eat it under the boat haha. Chucked out a Squid jig and caught a smaller Squid (bout 22cm Tube)

Mate they say it's a small world but when it come to fishing I thought I had some thing special down on the goldie today I got exactly the same species today maybe a little smaller but on a soft plastic and thought it wes a dirty big flathead but my photo on my phone was not that good and was released unharmed

cheer dassa

Archived