wave break island southport seaway Feb 5 - 7

tugger

planning another big trip for the AFO wanderers in 1 of the first weekends in febuary with good weather camping on wave break island right in front of the seaway. will traget the seaway for arvo fishing and hiting the reef just outside in the mornings its a good spot for any size boat and these trips are always a blast. theres a good beach along the northern side with camp sites most of the way down there are no facilities but most of us going have lots of camping gear. if anyone is keen and has a boat you can post deckie spots here if you have room this is open for any afo members who love camping on the beach

here fishy fishy

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oiiiiiii !! here we go again ey lads, gotta love these trips ay, hurry up feb. goin to sommerset weekend of the 22/23 01, if any 1 else is up for it, so a mate patty is goin, usin this to run his freshly rebuilt 150 inn. and to have a good feed of redclaw, straddie is crusin up with wife lesley entail, so partners are welcome. trav is trav and god knows where he'll end up? :laugh: if he hasn't shot himself by then, i'm guessin his deckie kelly will be crusin up too. lookin like another good trip forming.

robbo

Travis wrote:

I should be good for this, id say the deckie would be in, will take my boat but might be a slow trip loaded up :laugh: all good, late friday id say as not to waste saturday mornings fishing,

trav u don't know what slow is .

try putt putt about with a 3.5 .

its slow .

i can see me getting a 15 or 20 sometime this year and rego .

after 6 months of putt putt i'm starting to get bored ,as other have said ,we knew this would happen .

tugger wrote:

camping fishing and drinks around the fire dave you can't miss this 1 :fishing:

i'm going to try pretty hard to make it .

its the drinking around the fire ,i just can't resist .

where is the boat ramp at ?

is it the one on marine parade.

looks like about 500 meters from there to wavebreak island .

i want to bring the putt putt.

should be ok for fishing around the island and dropping pots .

tugger wrote:

planning another big trip for the AFO wanderers in 1 of the first weekends in febuary with good weather camping on wave break island right in front of the seaway. will traget the seaway for arvo fishing and hiting the reef just outside in the mornings its a good spot for any size boat and these trips are always a blast. theres a good beach along the northern side with camp sites most of the way down there are no facilities but most of us going have lots of camping gear. if anyone is keen and has a boat you can post deckie spots here if you have room this is open for any afo members who love camping on the beach

here fishy fishy

... Damn fine idea, I'm actually new to the Brisbane area but would certainly be up to a weekend like this ... would it be open for peasants like me? ... have boat, bait and rods ... all I need is water ... and beer ... :lol: :woohoo:

Fantastic! Finish work 6am Friday, bit of a kip then hoon down there for the mid arvo. Any chance of a pick up/ deckie etc etc. No towbar yet to pick up StraddyBrads tinny....

Would me old 4l Val pull it?? WooHoo this has brightened up my day fantastically! Is 10lb braid man enough for the jobs? Got to spool my UK Stradic, unlike any of your Stradics ;)B)B)B)

some guys have sent pm's asking what time everybody is heading down i'm leaving the ramp at 10am friday the 5th feb and coming back after lunch on sunday and it looks like so far we have coming

dave (davodinkum)

mark (tugger)

brad (stradiebrad)

rob (noname)

travis , maybe?

malcom

kev (moparkevuk)

meg(mookystiks) maybe?

bri the pom

shane (dragon7)

dan , maybe?

bushpig , maybe?