wave break island southport seaway Feb 5 - 7

tugger

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

nup I always use the ramp accross the other side near the seafood shop at labrador the one with the pontoon it seems to be a good secure ramp there as well.lts lit up good at night and has securety patrol it also has shower and good toilets there.

I have used the seaworld ramp in the past it is good too plenty of parkingthere aswell.

Travis wrote:

Im not commin anymore, need a quiet weekend doing sweet f-all..... maybe throw the pots in somewhere after all this rain and tides but thats about it, have fun ya wondering pissheads :silly:

Come down there and do sfa and put ya pots in then cook the crabs and throw them at me it will be quiet if you dont say much

Malcolm wrote:

Travis wrote:
Im not commin anymore, need a quiet weekend doing sweet f-all..... maybe throw the pots in somewhere after all this rain and tides but thats about it, have fun ya wondering pissheads :silly:

Come down there and do sfa and put ya pots in then cook the crabs and throw them at me it will be quiet if you dont say much

If i dont come then theres a 100% chance of NOT having pictures of blokes genitals on my camera.... KEV bah ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Gunna give it a miss BUT i will definately be calling into your tub mal for a beer or 2 up at bribie (on my way back with an esky full of jacks if coarse) :woohoo:

Confused on the pick up ramp.....Which is the safest to leave a 40 yr old peachy Val?

Reckon I'll be outgunned with the gear if the Macs turn up, and will be using slugs out o' the packet to see how they fare as far as hooks and split rings go. Treat it as a sort of "User Test". Will report the results. Only managed to pack 100m of 20lb braid on me UK reel, so prepare for a "Spooled!" report! Bought a cheapo Shimano rod down KMart to complete the totally new outfit but had to take it back cos the top guide was fubared....Will be abusing my $5 rod bought from here. (Plus bringing a back up rod and reel for the heavy stufff and my coveted DropShot with Xmas Sedona / 6lb braid for some beach/rockwall action.) Have also returned my 1 1/2 yr old $100 tent to BCF as the poles were looking iffy, they replaced the tent with a new one B) I've also upgraded my camp chair after the general abuse it received at Somerset Dam (Verbal, NOT physical!). See ya'll Friday Arvo, can't wait! B)B)B)

don't even think of usin the hooks supplied or the split rings if a poor quality, cos if they are on and your straightening hooks out and changin em out there, the skipper will toss you out of the boat, you have been warned kev, lmao, i was using good quality hooks and they were being straightened, not the time or place for r&d, as those going for them know how to fish for them so listen to their advice kev.

can pick u up from the ramp near seaworld kev thats where i launch fromMoparKevUk wrote:

Confused on the pick up ramp.....Which is the safest to leave a 40 yr old peachy Val?

Reckon I'll be outgunned with the gear if the Macs turn up, and will be using slugs out o' the packet to see how they fare as far as hooks and split rings go. Treat it as a sort of "User Test". Will report the results. Only managed to pack 100m of 20lb braid on me UK reel, so prepare for a "Spooled!" report! Bought a cheapo Shimano rod down KMart to complete the totally new outfit but had to take it back cos the top guide was fubared....Will be abusing my $5 rod bought from here. (Plus bringing a back up rod and reel for the heavy stufff and my coveted DropShot with Xmas Sedona / 6lb braid for some beach/rockwall action.) Have also returned my 1 1/2 yr old $100 tent to BCF as the poles were looking iffy, they replaced the tent with a new one B) I've also upgraded my camp chair after the general abuse it received at Somerset Dam (Verbal, NOT physical!). See ya'll Friday Arvo, can't wait! B)B)B)

noname wrote:

don't even think of usin the hooks supplied or the split rings if a poor quality, cos if they are on and your straightening hooks out and changin em out there, the skipper will toss you out of the boat, you have been warned kev, lmao, i was using good quality hooks and they were being straightened, not the time or place for r&d, as those going for them know how to fish for them so listen to their advice kev.

Sir, Yes, Sir! Do I use the same size hook all round?

i'm not going to take the heavy rod and steel slugs,only good for trolling or bottom bashing .

only chance i reckon i get to go out will be Sunday morning .

not much chance of that i reckon ,after Saturday night.

any depends on the weather too .

going to leave chasing mac's till another day ,went i have a better rod for casting .

and $ to upgrade split rings and trebles.

chasing bream around the rock walls and flatty's on the sandbanks will keep me quite happy .:)

i'll bring a rod for u dave looks like a few of our boats may get out over the weekend outside the swell on the gold coast has dropped to 1.5m and with light winds predicted for the next 5 days the weekend is looking good seawater temp hsa risen over 25 degrees today as is climbing so sharpen those hooks :fishing:

MoparKevUk wrote:

noname wrote:

Sir, Yes, Sir! Do I use the same size hook all round?

ahhhhh your learnin mate

i use different size hooks, only 3 sizes but all different, and black, stay away from shiny hooks and split rings.

tugger wrote:

i'll bring a rod for u dave looks like a few of our boats may get out over the weekend outside the swell on the gold coast has dropped to 1.5m and with light winds predicted for the next 5 days the weekend is looking good seawater temp hsa risen over 25 degrees today as is climbing so sharpen those hooks :fishing:

cheers tugger

i got a rod ok for trolling ,5'8 foot ,15 to 25 kg.

but no rod for casting .

are we casting or trolling or both ?

that good the weather sounding better.

thinking i should of raided dads stuff for split rings and trebles,mite still do that.

i got a shimano lipstix ,7'6 foot ,6 to 8 kg.

dad reckons to light will bend like a shore shoe.

should of nicked his Wilson,hehehe .

maybe not he kick my ass :ohmy:

i found another 5 steel slugs in my stuff .

look i know there is a cyclone up north, but where the hell is all this swell comming from they are predicting? 2.8 2.9 meters of it, and from the se direction too, damn forgot to look at tha periods. ok 1 foot per second, thats fishable but only just in my books and if any wind blown stuff on top of that makes it hard to sight fish, then there is another front comming through on the saturday night and pretty much stickin around all week from what i can see atm, my point is when i see these predictions, more offen than not the front comming through is a day early, so i might just take the tinnie, might do a venture up the nerang 1 night for a spot of jack fishing. either way i'm there

robbo

definately 1.5m swell today if you look into brownies coastwatch web site and log onto the wave rider bouys at southport this bouy i pass on the way to the mermaid reef it sits about 1km off the shore break just south of the pumping jetty it gives swell height , direction and seawater temp

forget seabreeze i wouldn't trust them log onto brownies coast watch and go into the weather section and look for wave rider bouys and bring up the southport 1 for swell height then go into the surf and beach off the front page again and log on to the surf cams and u can bring up the seaway and get live video or there is 2 minute video of each hour right through the daylight of each daynoname wrote:

bloody sea breeze still predicting 2.8 mtrs of swell

or 9.2 feet every 10 seconds, i'm gunna call seaway tower tomorrow and get an actual forecast.

Archived