Got this email from Fishing DVD

Gazza

Stand up and fight for your recreational fishing rights!

Did you know that the Federal Government is currently being lobbied by a range of organisations to prevent you fishing in certain areas (affecting all states) and for certain species? And did you know that the government is listening to these organisations and doing what they've been asked?

It is now time for us to start asking for things too, before our way of life is completely eradicated.

IT IS UP TO EACH OF US TO ACT NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!

Don’t sit back and think someone else will do it, we need YOU to stand up for our recreational fishing rights.

There are two ways to achieve this:

• Please ring the Prime Minister’s office on 02 6277 7700 (before the end of the month so he gets a LOUD message), and express your concerns over the closure of recreational fishing areas, and the environmental groups plans to have 40 species of fish to list as protected – one of those species could be one YOU fish for regularly!

• By emailing this letter to the Prime Minister's office, you will be letting them know that you are a recreational angler, actively interested in how our fisheries resources are managed and willing to hold government accountable for their decisions.

The emailing process takes less than one minute. It seems like a good investment for your fishing future. Click here for instruction on how to send an email to the Prime Minister's office.

If you would like to unsubscribe from this newsletter please > click here.

Cheers Gaz

G`day Gazza Did it say;

what group wants people to ring

which groups this time are lobying the government

did it list the 40 species that they want protected

is there an email address to go to so people can look up the details for themselves

cheers Gad

There is a link in it that sends you to a site with a form letter expressing your concern and requesting information on the proposed changes. Fill in your name and address and send it off to the PM. I did it and will be interested to see if anything comes of it.

/>http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/fishing_issues_1.php

Guys... just do it. It took me all of 10 seconds to click the link, click the email link, fill my name in the pre-populated email and then click send.

If you enjoy what AFO provides you then you should probably click on this. If you don't, we could be talking an participating in our beloved sport even less.

bigtez wrote:

There is a link in it that sends you to a site with a form letter expressing your concern and requesting information on the proposed changes. Fill in your name and address and send it off to the PM. I did it and will be interested to see if anything comes of it.

/>http://www.fishingdvd.com.au/fishing_issues_1.php

cheers bigtez

Terry H wrote:

Wtf?

Is it just me or does something seem a bit fishy?

There's completely no information on fishing DVD's website. What are these potential closures they're wanting us to talk up about?

I need to stand up... and act now... The question is

Against what?

There are a few other groups with similar emails going around. It seems they are all 'protesting' P Garretts unilateral decision to declare the Coral See a conservation zone, the addition of 4 breeds of shark to a conservation list OS that will mean they will become protected here and another 40 fish that are proposed to be 'protected'. Obviously thats a loose explaination of what they are on about. Google some of the national marine clubs and you should be able to find the details.

Terry

My concerns with sign ups like this,is the organisers of the form/petition?etc do not give you any info as to who they are,what the factual facts of what they state are, nor any information whatever for you to actually know and assess their beliefs,policies and who they align themselves with.

Untill I know these things,I don`t know if their beliefs and my beliefs are.. as one,compatable or totally opposed.

To send off a request composed by someone else (unknown),would be giving the impression that I am in full agreement with an agenda of a group I do not know.

Archived