january fishing hots up

tugger

i only got a few fish in december while chasing pelagics no mackerel but got a couple of good dolphin fish then new year rolled around and things changed. the water temperature went from 22 degrees to over 26 degrees which plays a big part while hunting mackerel. the palm beach reef was our play ground which is only 3 minutes in the boat from tallebudera creek mouth very handy while we were staying in the caravan park on the creek. in the end i boated 2 dolphin fish to 10kg, 2 cobia to 15kg, 1 spanish mackerel at 12kg and nearly 40 spottie mackerel to 8kg for the holiday with some of that going straight onto the bbq while we had a few drinks and sent the women for chips. the rest got divided up between my deckies and my family destined to feed us through the year, here's some pics of the captures and some skiing on the creek

mark IMG_1316.JPGIMG_1905.JPG

tugger wrote:

IMG_0458.JPG kicking back between skiis

Mate thats a cool pic of you and your daughter. One you'll appreciate years down the track when you're rockin a walker carryin a grandkid :D

Sweet hauls mate. Hows the bar crossing at Tally creek? is it one of the harder ones?? or is it just up to the day?? editsorry.. im an idiot for not reading the Tally bar crossing thread... don't worry about the above question.

you should bring your boat down for the wave break island trip in 2 weeks henry and we'll chase some speedsters of the ocean along with kicking back on the beach

markDo$tylz wrote:

tugger wrote:
IMG_0458.JPG kicking back between skiis

Mate thats a cool pic of you and your daughter. One you'll appreciate years down the track when you're rockin a walker carryin a grandkid :D

Sweet hauls mate. Hows the bar crossing at Tally creek? is it one of the harder ones?? or is it just up to the day?? editsorry.. im an idiot for not reading the Tally bar crossing thread... don't worry about the above question.

it was mayhem some times wes got a triple hook up on spotties and landed all 3 at 1 stage and my mate lost the gaff on 1 of them but it floated and we got it back by letting out the anchor rope then we were back fishing 5 minutes later without losing our spot

Archived