Bass Thieves the "Ghosts in the Machine"

elops

Went for a fish in the kayak in a local creek this morning one which has featured a lot on this forum. On the way to launch saw a car parked which belongs to one of the most persistant bass thieves (I really like this name for them courtesy of Joel)in the area.

My mate who is fearless and hates these types as much as i do suggested we sneak up for a bit of observation. We got close and watched for a while before being spotted they started talking in their own language which my mate speaks fluently.Translated it went some thing like this "f#*#* its that guy on AFO who caught that big bream f#*#*#& aussie b@s###* calls the fisheries ect. An interesting scene followed relulting in them leaving. So I would like to say hi guys looking forward to meeting you again some time.

If you get photos/video of illegal fishing activity along with a car rego, PM it to me and I might be able to have someone in my line of work pay them a (lawful) little visit that may discourage them from their wicked ways.

Even just a car rego and a description of what you saw, then I could at least enter a quick intel submission or just give them a phone call a have a quick chat about the error of their ways, let them know they haven't gone unnoticed.

-Steve.

If I see these types illegaly fishing I always report it. I have made a lot of reports in this area for many types of illegal fishing recently. One point I will make is that it is not always people of a different ethnic background I have made two calls about illegal netting both times it was Australians involved. In one case I told some guys it was illegal to use a castnet in freshwater and rescued some small bass from a bucket before they left, and reported it. The next day they were back again and departed leaving the net and bucket behind this time they had parked where there car could not be seen.

The 4 people this morning were part of a group of 14 people reported 3 weeks ago for various things, I clearly saw one of them put a 23 cm tagged bass in a bucket. It is no mystery where most of the bass in this location have gone.

Steve

jon wrote:

two questions one is what area are you talking about no exact lcations just general are. and two if colleges crossing is brackish and tidal , not totally fresh does that mean i can cast net thier to get mullet for shark missions?

As far as I know and as I do you can cast net if it's tidal and Colleges is

Archived