raptis, samies girl, fish factory..recommendation?

thousandyards

i know if you go to the fish factory, and get some pearlies or red emperor, they will be a few days old, well up to a week! and a lot of seafood these days is frozen and imported.just check the eyes if buying whole fish, and fillets are/ were prob frozen. the eye's should be clear and not sunken into the head, if eyes are smokey, steer clear if it. cos if your paying for fresh, you want fresh!

Where do you live? Other than the 3 you mention, close to town you also have Gambaros in Caxton St or Hope St in South Bris (good quality, but a little bit dear), or there is the Dutton Park Fish Market opposite the cemetery in Annerley Road (not a big range and also not cheap, but usually fresh and from somewhere in Queensland). There is also Georges in West End. Looks good, but I have not had too many happy experiences there.

The place Davo is talking about is also good and is the same shop as Aussie Seafood in Capalaba. Good range at reasonable prices, but a bit further to drive.

raptis supply them, and also alot of the woolies and coles around incidentally....

I get my seafood from VJ's seafoods at Mt Gravatt. They get the majority of theirs straight from the fisho's, not thru wholesalers...

they had some nice looking whole snapper there yesterday and also some good flathead (fillets). Their atlantic salmon is always excellent.

yoyo wrote:

raptis supply them, and also alot of the woolies and coles around incidentally....

I get my seafood from VJ's seafoods at Mt Gravatt. They get the majority of theirs straight from the fisho's, not thru wholesalers...

they had some nice looking whole snapper there yesterday and also some good flathead (fillets). Their atlantic salmon is always excellent.

Me too. Very lucky to have a quality local seafood shop.

If you're on the southside stop in and have a look.

Archived