Parking Woes

Gazza

Well a 1st for me after a sluggy start (big night had) We hit Manly boat ramp about 8 am All geared up to chase some macs ;) from there it all turned to shiet :(

WTF no where to park Dozens of single cars in trailer parks 3 laps and no sign of a park :angry:

Ok with dimm views we head to colmslie same deal there but not as many cars in trailer spots but no parking :angry:

cracked the shits and went home to a beer and A/C and the cricket :P

prob won't happen

but if council's would clearly mark bays Trailer's only it just might get these dipshit's to park somewhere else !

prob head out tomorrow

Deckie spot open :)

Cheers Gaz

Gazza can definately relate to your misfortune, more than likely these Einstien`s(spelling)are out on the bay in a matey Einstien`s boat plowing through the middle of a mackeral school,because other boaties mack fishing the edgies, are in their way.

I`m more fortunate than most,in that, I am able to do my fishing adventures on week days and therefore I am able to avoid most of the p*ss off`s generated by these types.

but then again, a new problem there, is all of us who no longer work,sometimes have to do some knitting to fill in time because other gray heads can be sooo slow getting on and off the ramp. :laugh: :laugh:

i saw a ripper last weekend at fishermans island ramp.

as you go to park on the grass section that is opened up early mornings, there was a green xr6 and a boat trailer parked across the enterance to the grass parking area, and i know it wasn't that full, and ffs why he parked there has me bewildered, see, these are the types of people in boats these days. :dry:he's lucky i wasn't boxed in or he would have had a good insurance claim to fill out.

It really is for this reason I stay away from ramps on the weekend, and mainly fish midweek.

On the contrary of knitting, I love to wander over to the grey heads and have a chat. See if they need hand, see what they have caught and generally chew the fat. I dont think we can learn enough from older people and once gone, its gone for good, so I go out of my way to chat to them, offer them a drink and a bit of time as you may be the only person they have had the opportunity to speak to all day.

"Dipshits" ....mmm , maybe you should have got there earlier hey !!

you see , at Manly ramp there is no designated single car park area - all the parks are trailer length , it is also legal to park in these without a trailer - contrary to the Redlands .

With charter boats , dive boats and KAYAKERS using these facilities as well I have no problem with car park sharing...and I certainly think that you calling locals like me , who make the effort to get up early so we can get a park , a dipshit ...is just plain tough shit - oh by hte way - it was a lovely day on the water...you should have been there !!

No signs as such...general ramp/marina parking...most yakkers park 2 up in a single park if heading out together , charter/dive patrons do the same if they know each other...patrolled daily by port security and the force , and many boaties with no idea how to reverse down a ramp...better chances of getting a park 1 klm north near the coastguard...but days like today and public holidays - its get in early or go home!!

ps...I don't agree with remarks towards damaging the vehicles either - if its legal , live with it , if its not - call the council/boys in blue/port authority...they are only to happy to come down , leave a fine notice or even tow away...but don't encourage idiots to damage cars that belong to people like me that are doing everything right !!!

noname wrote:

i saw a ripper last weekend at fishermans island ramp.

as you go to park on the grass section that is opened up early mornings, there was a green xr6 and a boat trailer parked across the enterance to the grass parking area, and i know it wasn't that full, and ffs why he parked there has me bewildered, see, these are the types of people in boats these days. :dry:he's lucky i wasn't boxed in or he would have had a good insurance claim to fill out.

What's the go with the grassy area?? Last couple of times I have been there it has been chained off and the parking area was full - had to wait for someone to leave to get a spot.

not quite sure myself, as it must make sence to some1 down a port authority to have a chain up to keep boat trailers out when the car park is full, it is usually opened up pretty early i think by the guy in the white twin cab ute that follows people into the ramp area.

oh didn't ya know! all our rego's went through the roof to give us better infrastructure :laugh: . yeah right! :unsure: who are the real suspects?

rob316 wrote:

"Dipshits" ....mmm , maybe you should have got there earlier hey !!

you see , at Manly ramp there is no designated single car park area - all the parks are trailer length , it is also legal to park in these without a trailer - contrary to the Redlands .

With charter boats , dive boats and KAYAKERS using these facilities as well I have no problem with car park sharing...and I certainly think that you calling locals like me , who make the effort to get up early so we can get a park , a dipshit ...is just plain tough **** - oh by hte way - it was a lovely day on the water...you should have been there !!

Seems like it`s overdue for the locals to start putting the heat on their local councillors to come up with more parking areas/options for the ever increasing demand for parking.I`m sure the local bussiness`s,along with the charter boat operators,would benefit from the extra numbers to.

yoyo wrote:

But there ARE single car spaces available, i know, i parked in one this morning !!

I got a ticket a couple of months back for parking in a trailer bay down at the gold coast, so was wary of parking in one at manly...

cheers yoyo,but no good for visiting boaties who do leave home early for a day at the bay,their cars and trailers stick out too far and they get booked. :( :laugh:

bootyinblue wrote:

It really is for this reason I stay away from ramps on the weekend, and mainly fish midweek.

On the contrary of knitting, I love to wander over to the grey heads and have a chat. See if they need hand, see what they have caught and generally chew the fat. I dont think we can learn enough from older people and once gone, its gone for good, so I go out of my way to chat to them, offer them a drink and a bit of time as you may be the only person they have had the opportunity to speak to all day.

Hey Bootie, on behalf of all the grey heads out there, thanks for your kind (if somewhat patronising) comments! :blush: As a person with (prematurely) grey hair, I was a bit anxious today as I launched and retrieved the boat solo today, thinking I may be set upon by hordes of gen x and gen y ers keen to offer me a cup of cold water or maybe a minute or two of their precious time - cos you know we may not have too many more fishing trips left in us. Unfortunately no-one came to my aid as I cleared the ramp in good time, but I did need to return the water's edge to help out the 30 something guy who had forgotten to put the bungs in and needed a bit of help to get the bungs in and water out :laugh: :laugh:

Archived