Scratching the Surface at Manly

yoyo

'evening sportsfans,

Hit up Manly this morning, launched at about 0430 (so many car spaces available i had my pick, actually i was surprised by how few car/trailers were there ;) Parked ina single bay to keep punters like Gaz happy ;):P )

started flicking a popper around in the marina hoping ot get onto a Trev, there wasn't much surface action at all and not a single strike, so headed outside and trolled a few lures along the rock wall.

Not a single hit through this section had me worried ! :unsure:

Anchored up at a spot just around the corner and flicked around a few SP's...nada! :unsure:

Moved over more towards Tinglapa Creek and dropped anchor again near a dropoff. Flicked around a Gulp 2inch shrimp in Molting on a 1/32 and finally got a bream on the board! :cheer: Phew! donut averted! Tomca will have to open that franchise by himself... :P

Conditions were glassy and warm, with increasing amounts of surface action i put down to pike, but a few bigger boils peaked my interest so i tied on a Yo-Zuri 3D popper and got the party started.

What ensued after this was about an hour and a half of non-stop surface beltings by some very aggressive bream ! I managed to dodge the pike mostly, only landing two...

Was great fun and the one lure got them all. I did switch to a different colour and shape popper at one point but didnt get a single hit, went back to the first one and they started up again!

34s342e.jpg

2j42hya.jpg

j6lfl2.jpg

2dl5f14.jpg

8x8qdf.jpg

dvmzxw.jpg

Also picked up a small squire trolling an SX48 back to the Marina...

24oc9pf.jpg

Session totalled 10 bream, 2 grubby pike and the one small squire.

4 of the bigger bream straight back home and oven-baked fillets accompanied

by a baby spinach, rocket and goats cheese salad for lunch :woohoo: :)

yoyo wrote:

Maybe it was keen-as or rocket i was thinking of.... sorry tomca, forgot you were out with Pokemon the other day!

steady on there! :P I saw some Krispey Kremes at the supermarket today, but that's the closest I've come to the dreaded doh-nut for quite some time thankyou :silly:

ps nice work on the surface breaming! is it just the camera angle, or is that quite a large popper for bream work? looks about 70-90mm long.

rocket

yoyo wrote:

'evening sportsfans,

Hit up Manly this morning, launched at about 0430 (so many car spaces available i had my pick, actually i was surprised by how few car/trailers were there ;) Parked ina single bay to keep punters like Gaz happy ;):P )

Seems to me you need to get out of your lycra shorts more often

Gaz

Rocket75 wrote:

yoyo wrote:

ps nice work on the surface breaming! is it just the camera angle, or is that quite a large popper for bream work? looks about 70-90mm long.

rocket

Yeh it is a 70mm Yo-Zuri 3D. I was using it earlier for Trevs in the Marina and just had it sitting there so tied it on out of laziness :laugh: They loved it! :cheer:

I did try a smaller Yo-zuri popper witha chubbier profile and purple & silver colours but they wouldnt have a bar of it...

Gotta love bream, the eternal optimists ! :laugh: :laugh: