Palmy 25 january

Leighton

Old Scaley wrote:

Hi Leighton, do you crimp the 27lb wire or do you manage to get a decent knot in it?

A few issues with the knots. Still trying to perfect that part of the rig.

Tugger- small schools coming through from 5am to about 7am or so. Water temp was 25.5 out there.

Aidan- thats a quiet day, easily over 200 on Saturday and as Bri will tell you, plenty of AGRO

Chris- they have a screaming first run then usually another at the boat..lots of fun

Leighton wrote:

Ha Ha some people are never happy

Weather permitting I am planning another go at them this weekend.

Will have to make a few more rigs up and sharpen the Gaff.. :P ay Marty!

yeah - I don't want you missing any of MY fish :unsure:

btw - fish tasted great thanks - I've still got some left for another feed too!

Leighton/Marty

As a comparison was the bar condition when we went through on saturday easy or a difficult crossing.I only hit one wave turned slightly sideways and the other part of the wave was over me and in the boat, but easy going after that one and coming in was a breeze.

I might make a weekly habit of this for a few weeks anyway.

Cheers

Bri.

I need gaff practice,never used one I have a big net.

Brian,

The few times I have crossed Talley bar have been similar or smaller to that. We also took a small wave across the nose but only a little bit of water in the boat. I would call last week an easy crossing.

This Saturday morning at 4.30am the tide will roughly be the same height as last Saturday, but it will be running in, whereas last Sat it was running out. Generally the waves "stand-up' a bit more on a run out tide, so assuming the swell forecast stays under 2 foot, this Saturday should be as easy, if not easier than last week.

...and you are not the only one needing gaff practice!

marty wrote:

Brian,

The few times I have crossed Talley bar have been similar or smaller to that. We also took a small wave across the nose but only a little bit of water in the boat. I would call last week an easy crossing.

This Saturday morning at 4.30am the tide will roughly be the same height as last Saturday, but it will be running in, whereas last Sat it was running out. Generally the waves "stand-up' a bit more on a run out tide, so assuming the swell forecast stays under 2 foot, this Saturday should be as easy, if not easier than last week.

...and you are not the only one needing gaff practice!

What site do you down there, is it seabreeze with the Gold coast heading or is there another site more specific.Going to try again tomorrow.

Cheers

Bri :silly:

hey bri check out the www.coastwatch.com/camera/cameras_large.aspx? you can look at every part of the coast line live through the eyes of a camera and then compare it to what is being recorded and stated on sea breeze or willy weather. I like the camera down around snapper rocks it has palm trees through out the moving camera and over time Ive learnt to know what the wind is really doin by the way the palm frons move and wind dirrection i use the life savers flags set up on the beach.

I dont mean to get off topic hear.

cheers mick

I also like to look at the surfing site www.coastalwatch.com/.

It has a gold coast swell forecast, and live web cams - the currumbin cam is the best one to count the boats on palmy reef!

Seabreeze, windfinder, buoyweather, BOM and willyweather are all sites I look at for wind and swell forecasts.

Archived