Hornibrook flats.

adambris

I would say your lite purple colour would have been 'Evil Minnow' a proven fish catcher. I haven't fished down there for a year or so now but the flatties can be very plentiful at times. I prefer a runout tide though and just fish the banks on the last half of the runout as at his time at least the rays have headed for deeper water.

We used to fish for whiting on the incoming along here and in front of Brighton/Sandgate by heading out at dead low and coming in with the tide. Sometimes the rays would be bumping into your legs as they tried to swim past and you would nearly step on the buggers in the murky water as they just don't move until your about to put your foot down. Luckily I avoided stepping on any and being stung but some of my mates and my brother who used to do the same thing weren't so lucky.

Kev

toxic avenger wrote:

We used to fish for whiting on the incoming along here and in front of Brighton/Sandgate by heading out at dead low and coming in with the tide. Sometimes the rays would be bumping into your legs as they tried to swim past and you would nearly step on the buggers in the murky water as they just don't move until your about to put your foot down. Luckily I avoided stepping on any and being stung but some of my mates and my brother who used to do the same thing weren't so lucky.

Kev

Was that productive kev? I was thinking about doing some sandgate wading tomorrow from dead low to an hour or two with the run up with some yabbies.. kinda paranoid bout rays.. reef shoes is all i got.

Archived