what is a successful outing /fishing trip.

Davo_Dinkum

so guys and girl what is a successful outing /fishing trip ,in you mind?

is it catching fish to eat ,or any fish.

is it catching the big 1 ,the target or on the to get list fish.

is it just getting out for the day or night and having a fish and a fun time ,if u get some fish or fish to eat its just a bonus .

for me its just getting out on the water or river bank etc for the day .

a nice relaxing day out ,not to serious ,few beers and some fun.

if i catch fish it's fun .

if i catch fish i can eat it better ,cause i get a feed .

if i catch a big 1 ,well i never catch the big 1.

i used to be more serious when i went crabbing as i was going to catch a feed .

and fishing was a time filler ,while soaking the dillies .

now i more of a lazy/casual crabber,i use pots now .

drop them somewhere i think is good ,or anywhere if i just can't be stuffed .

if get a feed good ,if not i still had fun.

Mine is being on the water wetting a line with the misses and girls,with my mate's having a nice coldie or just being out on my own for a bit of solitude sometime thats all it takes to keep me happy,but catching fish is a bonus but thats why we go fishing after all.It could be on the big deep blue sea,the river or some little dam in the middle of no where,just fishing is my stress relieve :);) thats success in my book.

these days it's moreso about catchin up with mates at some point in the hunt! :lol: seein what they been up to, as i'm interested on wot goes on in mates lives too. seein what ammo they have bought recently too, always lookin out the corner of my eye. LMAO. and as for successful, well gettin home in 1 piece is pretty successful for some. :laugh:

As I usually go to alot of effort to get to my destination (public transport) or bumming a lift sadly it's just not fun anymore to go somewhere and donut or catch small boring fish. Especially in old boring locations. A successful trip is having a good time fishing hard and getting results, not what drinks I have on the day although a trip to Maccas often ends up the highlight on a shocking outing :o.

Succes for me is De-stressing.Going for a fish at night is great.Hard days work followed by a relaxing fish.Get some good bites,may or may not land some.Look above and watch whats around you and be at ease with the world.Mind you when on a charter a successful trip is definately getting a keeper as it costs too much to have nothing to show for it.

tugger wrote:

getting blood on the filleting table at the end of the day, as man is a hunter must bring woman home a feed keep woman happy so man is allowed to go out hunting again

lucky for me there are crabs and red claw .

catching some in the pots for a feed is easy.

if i had to bring home a feed of fish ,so i was allowed to go fishing next time i would be buggered or it would be cat fish curry .

noname wrote:

these days it's moreso about catchin up with mates at some point in the hunt! :lol: seein what they been up to, as i'm interested on wot goes on in mates lives too. seein what ammo they have bought recently too, always lookin out the corner of my eye. LMAO. and as for successful, well gettin home in 1 piece is pretty successful for some. :laugh:

I thought your and brads most successful trips were the shopping side of things. Your worse than women with your pre-fishing shopping

Suddenly realising, in the peace and tranquility, that I'm lucky enough to live in this great Country.

The buzz of the drag.

Catching fish on discarded tackle or bait.

Catching fish on obscure bait.

Remembering the Aeroguard.

Tide times coinciding with my fishing times.

Not losing ALL my tackle.

Seeing any exotic indigenous wildlife.

Actually catching anything on an SP.

Meeting up with good friends and learning more of the Aussie way of life.

Getting home without the missus saying "what time do you call this".

Out Fishing you Aussies...... ;)

Archived