What fish is this?

fenelious

I went fishing down in NSW on the Hastings River one arvo this week with the old man. I flicked a few lures around without luck, but we also both had handlines with Witchety Grubs, which proved to be the go.

We ended up with a 32cm Bass, 34cm Bass, 38cm Bass, 47cm Catfish, and a 50cm Catfish, all on Witchety Grubs.

I didn't get any photos cos it was pouring rain most of the time so I had the camera safely tucked away, that and Dad is technology illiterate and refused to photograph me with fish in the middle of a good session.

I did insist on getting the camera out for one particular specimen though, once we were back on dry land. Dad caught this interesting little guy on a trout-type spinner almost as soon as we wet the lines, but neither of us had any idea what it was. It was about 20cm and looks like a sardine/herring, but we were right up in the head waters far from the ocean. Any ideas what it is?

-Steve.

P10106981.JPG

fenelious wrote:

I didn't get any photos cos it was pouring rain most of the time so I had the camera safely tucked away, that and Dad is technology illiterate and refused to photograph me with fish in the middle of a good session.

nothing wrong with dads staying in their comfort zones :) and it`s cheaper on our wallets too :laugh:

Archived