King tides

Whiskers

Whiskers wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has seen any damage or anything interesting from these king tides?

Cam

Nah, but then,I`m out at Ippy. Good thing is even the local (small F) ferals are quiet too.!! :):lol: :laugh:

Did see a channel 7 news flash of north qld with the tides and the added rainfalls of X cyclone Olga,not good.

Whiskers wrote:

Just wondering if anyone has seen any damage or anything interesting from these king tides?

Cam

`

hi mate headed out to Fig tree boat ramp at 8.30am on the run in tide ... same spot where Malcom and Kriso caught those monster threadies :cheer: .... the tide was right up high against the wall there, which is rarely even touched by the waterline. Heaps of ski lice around :angry: .

The water was Murky and very muddy :dry: . I used live prawns, but donut. Not a dam nibble :angry: . Was there til 12pm, got bored and headed off to Jindalee Boat ramp for a sqiz... the tide was so high, that it was over the wall line and onto the grass / park area!!! :ohmy: THrew in a livey and only managed to get a catty. water was also very murky :dry:

tugger wrote:

i'm always more vigilant on keeping a lookout during king tides in my boat as the banks go under and large logs and other flotsam start washing off into rivers and creeks and can be around for a few days after with the tides moving it up and down river

tugger, thats a great reminder to all the boaties out there.... the jet ski lice today where aboslute idiots revving the crap out of their jet ski motors in the dirty water.... you just dont know what your going to hit if not careful. This sort of reminds me of the "sunken wall" at pinkenba. So many accidents have happend there.

Went to Bribie for a look see the water was about 3 foot from the top of the ramp, we then headed over to red beach water was right up with sea grass every where. While walking along the beach came across a spot where some wombat had been fishing, and left his drink can and bait wrappings on the beach Fcuken loser!

Well I was pleasantly suprised when I woke up to no wind so me and my mate headed down the pine.

Apparantly no one got the bad weather report cause it was packed and even more amazing was the amount of water skiers! I saw whole trees floating around and these nuckle heads didn't even give it a second thought, **** hoons! one boat with a bloke out back skiing came within 10 meters of us!

The erosion behind castle hill is really getting bad now and I now have a bunch of new snags to check out in the weeks to come :P We threw everything at it today but not a lot of luck even the livies were hard work but after a couple of hours I hooked up to cracker on my frenzy HB this thing played some dirty hardball B) and after about 10 min it reaveled itself, Not exactly sure but I think it was a leopard ray :unsure: Awesome looking thing with a shark like head, Narrow wings, Long thing tail and gold spots.

Heading back to Dohles rocks we encounted some unbeileveable waves a couple of sets were a metre easy! Good morning but blew out and rained a lot.

Cam :)

Archived