Kooka park today

dan25

Hey guys

We headed to Kooka Park in the yaks today in search of some bullys.

Got down there at about 10:00 am and headed off to try and get some bait with the cast net. We caught a fair few nice sized bony bream in the cast net and used them as bait, but no luck all day.

It was still a good day, with a flatty also being caught in the cast net,about 40cm. Also got 2 little cod/stone fish looking things out of the the cast net. Wasn't sure what they were? Also caught plenty of prawns

All in all, a fun day with plenty of rain, and some fish in the cast net to keep us entertained.

Thanks

Dan

Good effort getting bony breamand flatty. I think with all the fresh running down the bullies might have pushed downstream a bit towards moggill to find some saltier water.

Last time i was there i must have cast 20-30 times for nothing, got the shits and called it quits. had no bait with me to find catties etc.

I think the stonefish/cod looking things might be a bullrout?

/>http://www.lawrencesisters.com.au/images/bullrout.jpg

Give quite a nasty sting from what i hear. though i am always wary of what i bring up in the cast net and havent been jabbed yet.

sehrguht wrote:

Good effort getting bony breamand flatty. I think with all the fresh running down the bullies might have pushed downstream a bit towards moggill to find some saltier water.

Last time i was there i must have cast 20-30 times for nothing, got the shits and called it quits. had no bait with me to find catties etc.

I think the stonefish/cod looking things might be a bullrout?

/>http://www.lawrencesisters.com.au/images/bullrout.jpg

Give quite a nasty sting from what i hear. though i am always wary of what i bring up in the cast net and havent been jabbed yet.

Yeh its looking real fresh down there atm. By that Pic it definetely seems to be that it was a bullrout. didn't touch it just incase.

Thanks mate :)

Sulfuras wrote:

Well done dan. good to see you're using the cast net to good effect. Were you fishing for bullies from your yak? If so just as well you didnt get a hit, might be a bit tough to land it in that situation haha, still got to give that one a go. :laugh:

Haha nar mate, we paddled to a few spots throughout the day then just went to the bank and fished from there

At one stage in the arvo we did actually decide to drift around in the yaks with livies out, thinking about how much fun itd be landing one from the yak :laugh:

Archived