Electric motor what size for a 5m bluefin

flexo

Flexo,The boat that lives at my home, a 4.9m Dash 5 c/con compo has 40hp 4 stroke Yammy with a very efficient 80 lb MinnKota with on board integral battery charger system for the 2 600 batteries to make 24volts, is the way to go for me. The cost tho' is considerable but worth it. Boat speed on the 80 is 6 knots, 2 up, on the GPS, which is pretty good. Helps catch fish so tight lines.

:cheer: Ian M

Thank you all for your imput. The cost of batterys is not so much a problem nor the cost of minn kota compared to water snake the problem I am faced with is I am only going to do this once so I want to get it right. I have had experiance with BLA on service and warranty issues so will not be buying a minn kota without a lot of thought.

i have a blue fin hellcat and i have a 80 pound minn kotta vortrex it is 4th bow mount that has been on boat in six months i have had 3 motor guides on it and they were all crap and the warrenty is the same it takes to long one motor is stillnot fixed it has been 2 months . i know people that have had water snakes and said the same thats why i have gorn back to minn kottas

Flexo, I stand by the 80 as the way to go . I've used 15lb Shakespesre. 28 minn , 36 minn [still in use since 1996] 40lb minn on my NPD tinnie so I'm a Minn Kota fan cos they end up being the best value for money and BLA service is great . Batteries for all my leccies are Century 600 Marine that last up to 5 years when regularly maintained . HOpe this helps you with your decision . Tight lines . :cheer: Ian M

Archived