Right Place Right Time.. New PB.

chris_stewart14

No plans to fish this weekend with the crook weather and tides - but chance can sometimes be a wonderful thing.. Was down the coast visiting a mate.. His parents own a place on the canals so we were sitting out the back having afew beers watching the storms.. There was a large school of mullet leaping and cruising round right infront of his house.. I had said to him 15 minutes earlier - "whats the bet some Trev's rock up and destroy those mullet".. Sure enough 4 beers in a small pod of Trevs have tracked them and every few minutes are destroying them.. Luckily I was too lazy to take my fishing gear out of my car so screamed out grabbed my Bream stick and first cast of a gobbo was brutalised and the 3lb silly string was humming.. A new PB Trev of 49cm and very well built - approx 2kg.. Fish fought AMAZING as I foul hooked it ontop of it's head and went on some screaming runs.. Fish were spooked and gone afterwards. Apologies for the photo but only had my mates iphone on hand. Him and his parents were pretty shocked :P

Good fun.

Chris Trev.JPG

nadders wrote:

haha nice bigeye. crumbo ate one not much smaller last week actually said it was pretty good. fight is great value on the 3lb though thats for sure

Ewww, but they are so slimey and smelly and gross??? 3lb certainly wasn't by choice but made it interesting anyway..

Mick & Davo -- Thanks boys... I have been enjoying abit of a purple patch.

Good job! Keep the posts coming - we all might be green with envy but still love seeing the fish you catch. Reckon you better never let on to where you're going to be next or you might find an entourage following you :laugh: Seems like a pretty good way to find out where the fish are anyway...

Archived