double island?

shaunv19c

Haven't been up there for a while now but a friend who was just up there said the lagoon is great at the moment.

We usually launch at carlo Pt and head out through the bar, but regularly spend the night inside the lagoon. Even if its blowing 20knots its calm as in there.

As far as fishing goes there is some really nice ground around 5-8kms ENE off the point. We have caught some realy good fish off their but have always done best on dusk. During the day we do a lot better 20-30kms out.

how far you willing to travel on the water?

what are you chasing, snapper?

when are you fishing, day, night, or both.

a friend, greg lamprecht gave me some marx, but all fire at different times for different species, have some more spots worth trying, just need to know what your after, fish wise, and don't say anything !

If you want reds the further north up along Fraser the better, unless you head out all of the way to near the shelf (60-70kms) which is going to be a b!tch to fish with summer currents. They are still around closer but not in the numbers and hard to get legal ones.

The way things have been going so far in the last few months offshore, snapper are pretty hard to come by in any numbers or quality close in.

It would definitely be worth a troll around some of the closer reefs though.

noname wrote:

a friend, greg lamprecht gave me some marx, but all fire at different times for different species, have some more spots worth trying, just need to know what your after, fish wise, and don't say anything !

no name im after some red emperor and snapper could you send me a few of gregs marks, cant wait to meet him there :laugh:

noname wrote:

Thats very interesting noname...not sure who you are but can you send me the marks for my own spots? don't worry I won't say anything :angry:

Regards,

Greg Lamprecht

Archived