Varivas Braid ?

yoyo

Hi all,

Looking for opinions/info from those that have experience with Varivas Braid ?

what do you like/not like about it ? if you didnt like it, what did you go to and why is it better ?

Also, is Varivas (light game) a soft PE like Sunline, Nitlon and Suffix, or is it a bit stiffer like Fireline ?

thanks

Yox2

varivas is awesome line

the mebaru light game is by far the best line i have ever used for light surface as it is supple,very thin for its rating {the 6lb is about the same as 2lb fireline in thickness},as with fireline breaks well above it rating,but unlike fireline it is tough as nails .

the avani seabass is great line for baitcasters again very hard wearing and thin for it rating and the perfect suppleness for casting reels

if you are willing to spend that bit extra and want the best try the variavas avani seabass max power 8 strand $80 for 150 m on eBay,this stuff is INSANE it comes in the same sizes as the normal seabass but if you can beleive it it is thinner,i have 20lb and it is the same thickness as 16 lb normal seabass it is the smoothest line i have ever felt plus it is very limp so it will work very well on both spinning and casting reels,i have only used it about 10 times so as for wear i cant realy say but i have caught heaps of fish on it in those trips so it looks to be wearing ok,i cant realy say enough about this stuff it is truely the best PE braid i have ever come across !!!!.

has anyone else used this stuff ?

cheers

Scott

I used Seabass a while ago on a few of my spinning and baitcast reels. Its one of the best braids I have used. I used the 10lb which is PE 0.8# I think. There are thinner braids available if you want something really thin.

Im currently using Varivas Egi or something like that, its a multi coloured braid, 10lb 0.6# so a bit thinner then seabass. Has been ok so far apart from a few wind knots.. think I over spooled it. :unsure:

Cheers

Archived