Fraser Island camping/fishing

MentallyUnsound

MOON POINT:

I am thinking about making MOON POINT my base camp for a 10day stay over on fraser.

1 - what are the pro's and con's of such a camp site, being its on the western side.

2 - would having suitable facilities (hot showers, toiltes, drinkable water) make you want to stay there

3 - would having a moring facility be inticing, due to having Big Woody Island and "the largset artifical reef" so close

4 - having a bardge landing close by, but having to drive part harvey bay to Urangan to get a bardge, or would you prefer cheap fare at inskip, but drive all the way up the beach

5 - any other thoughts

cheeers Dave

gday mate i just spent a week at fraser on the eastern side we drove to inskip and got on the bardge there. it cost $90 return. we stayed at eurong which was about 35km from bardge and was an easy drive on the beach. but if you went that way, you would have drive a bit further up the beach and cut in, could turn into a long drive. i'm not sure where moon point is from the bardge but there's a fair bit of beach on the west side that your not aloud to drive on.

hope this helps a bit.

Thanks for the info Fergie, moon point is approx 20km's (maybe just a guess) north of kingfisher.

the reason i ask all this is, i have always stayed on the eastern side at Dundeburra

and thought, why not try the western side.

and what is the main reason why its so 'unvisited' if that makes sense.

i know for me. its the ease of access to the beach, early morning fishing etc....

and i know being at moon point is a disadvantage.

The reason behind the other quitions in regards to facilities, would they change peoples minds

Dave

Archived