tugger

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

will make the call closer to friday and watch the weather reports

davo has pulled out now so we have a deckie and cabin spot open

mark

mookystiks wrote:

ive got the friday off now, thanks to the 80hr week last week!

when we heading? where we meetin?

is it easier to just meet you at home mark?

Just had a look on seabreeze, doesnt look too good, 25-30 knot SE from Friday through to Sunday at this stage, Although the weather for Saturday and Sunday as far as the Sun goes, seems pretty good.

Im thinking of coming over myself on Friday or Saturday, but will have to play it by ear now and just watch too see what happens.

God damn weather has to stuff it up all the time, feels like ive been waiting forever to get my boat out on the water :angry: cheers Beejay

Yeah fingers crossed for all you guys, Ive noticed how much everyone is looking forward to getting over to Straddy and amongst it.

I only decided last week that I was probably going to come over as well if the weather permitted.

Just started taking my rods out of the mothballs..... :laugh: Anyway, all you can do is watch the BOM and Seabreeze during the week, you never know with the weather and the experts are usually wrong most of the time :laugh: cheers Beejay

2 or 3 days time will give us a better idea of the weather it's unpredictable till this cyclone makes land fall i think i'll still be able to fish along the western side of stradie

straddiebrad wrote:

if this high come up a bit faster from down south might drop the wind a bit witch is what i hope for,but may bring a shower or two,will have a better look on wednesday.

if i can still take the boat over i'll meet you at raby bay boat ramp at cleveland at 9am it looks like strong south east winds all weekend and will be sheltered over at amity from this wind direction but will still wait and see what this cyclone is up to

mookystiks wrote:

ive got the friday off now, thanks to the 80hr week last week!

when we heading? where we meetin?

is it easier to just meet you at home mark?

the BOM is saying they can't predict the wind till this cyclone either gets closer or makes land fall up north we have had lighter winds early morning and picks up about 8am for the last 5 days and hope this will be the weather over the weekend you have a few sheltered spots around there to fish with se winds but if its 30knots plus with that cyclone hanging around it will better off in the car do we take 1 car or 2 as there is only 5 going in the 2 cabins now as dave pulled out

or take 1 car and 1 boat to give us options

tugger wrote:

the BOM is saying they can't predict the wind till this cyclone either gets closer or makes land fall up north we have had lighter winds early morning and picks up about 8am for the last 5 days and hope this will be the weather over the weekend you have a few sheltered spots around there to fish with se winds but if its 30knots plus with that cyclone hanging around it will better off in the car do we take 1 car or 2 as there is only 5 going in the 2 cabins now as dave pulled out

or take 1 car and 1 boat to give us options

if i take my car there will be me ,rob and lesley and all our gear that pretty much fills my car,and if you planing a early start you might be better takin the boat,i too have notice its been good in the mornings until 9am,this would be good for u as your going earlier then me,i cant get off until miday so it would be up to you witch transport u take,if i had the day off would surly take the boat.

straddiebrad wrote:

if i take my car there will be me ,rob and lesley and all our gear that pretty much fills my car,and if you planing a early start you might be better takin the boat,i too have notice its been good in the mornings until 9am,this would be good for u as your going earlier then me,i cant get off until miday so it would be up to you witch transport u take,if i had the day off would surly take the boat.

I agree - am happy for a super early start if need be.

how much for the accom. now that dave is out?

should we be doing a call around for deckies?

i realy hope to take the boat as its all part of the weekend if i can get the day off i will but dont like my chances on that,i dont know how much mark paid but it cost us about 75 bucks each for the cabin for me rob and lesley,dont know on the price of the barge either,and dont like your chances on a deckie with the wind around even though the beach we are on should be great with the island protecting us from the wind

i've asked around for deckies and posted once since dave pulled out but no one wants to commit with the weather thats possible

mookystiks wrote:

straddiebrad wrote:

I agree - am happy for a super early start if need be.

how much for the accom. now that dave is out?

should we be doing a call around for deckies?

Archived