north stradbroke island 19th to 21st march

tugger

well the weather man is saying if it does hit the coast it will hit late saturday night early sunday morning,thats if it hits the coast and will start feeling the effects on friday,at the minute in the last 3 days it was traveling south 15km on monday 7km on tuesday and now its going about 4km,it has lost about 80km in speed in the last three days,now the speed has droped from 290-300km winds at the center to 220-230km,so as for taking the boat mark i think itwould be better to just fish the fore shores of amity point,even if it does not hit the coast you will only have one day to fish as sunday may be to rough,its a hard call to make now but friday morning will bring more light,so what to do????? i will be making the call on thursday night -friday morning on weather to go or not.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well guys with this weather not getting any better,thinking of pulling out of this one,if i ring the park by tomorrow will get half of my money back if i leave it till friday i get nothing so iam going to look at see what its going to do in the morning,its looking like i will pull out,i will post something early tomorrow and let u know :(:(

bloody bad weather,amity still gets a bit of a hiding in a south easter,wouldn't take a boat over as barge is expensive,and drivin 1 over well don the life jackets,was out the back of green a couple of weeks ago in 20knts plus south easter had atleast 1.4mtrs with the odd 1.6mtr waves comin through,not much fun in a 20ft boat but the sandies where on,on a positive if ya go there are some big bream to 40 odd cm off the rock wall behind the shop,worse case its just a morepiss morepiss weekend

cheers rosco

we''l lose $1oo bucks on each cabin

i'll take the car if anything they are getting good squid off the jetties along the inside of the island that and a few coldies and kicking back will keep me going

straddiebrad wrote:

well guys with this weather not getting any better,thinking of pulling out of this one,if i ring the park by tomorrow will get half of my money back if i leave it till friday i get nothing so iam going to look at see what its going to do in the morning,its looking like i will pull out,i will post something early tomorrow and let u know :(:(

Is there any chance the caravan parks and Cabin place might show some sympathy because of the weather and honor your bookings maybe next week or the week after?

Might be worth a shot if you guys decide not to go this weekend. Maybe next weekend or weekend after?

I feel for you guys, the weather has stuffed it up :angry: and its only getting worse too...Whichever way yas go, I hope you all have a good weekend anyhow...cheers Beejay :S

hope u guys have a good 1 ,and a good weather .

wish i could be there :(

but termite treatment started this morning and it cost $ ,and i have a heap of stuff to move /prep etc before part 2 is done .

then once all that is sorted there is removal of wood that no good and replacement of it and the stuff all ready pulled out .

Archived