any prawns in the creeks atm?

fishguru5

fishguru5 wrote:

mmm i will be giving satday night a go in my boat down shultz.
fishguru5 good luck on the prawns but me thinks you might be a bit early yet .but as in years gone buy it used to be a good season for the bananas when you have the rain as we have had at this time off year.so look out they will come on ;) al

I had to help refloat my mums houseboat a couple of weeks back in Tingalpa Creek and I spent about 3 hours in the water, 1 hour for the last of the run out tide while we had the pumps going in the hulls, and 2 hours of the run in King tide so I could feel for any damage and keep rags in some of the holes.

I had prawns jumping all around me and smacking me in the head, they were even landing up on a freinds punt.

They were only small to medium so I reckon another 2-3 weeks and it will be out with the 10 ft cast net as I usually do this time of year, and its not hard to fill a 10ltr bucket with 6 litres of prawns. They arent banana prawns either, I think they are just your plain bay prawns, but they are delicious and its great to catch a delicacy such as prawns so fresh and cook them up yourself without having to pay top dollar for them.

I might take the tinny down to Thorneside tommorrow after work and throw the net around to get some livies for saturdays fishing and just see where the prawns are at, at the present time, will keep you posted....Cheers Beejay

Archived