Catfish, Catfish..... and more Catfish?

nocx

Hi,

A short introduction, I was posted here for a few months for work, and with most places that I have to go for work, if there's good fishing in the area my fishing gear comes with me.

I have been fishing in the Brisbane river around Kangaroo Point and Bulimba, basically close to the city or convenient with the public transportation.

I have fished countless catfish... and 1 cod. I have never fished in a river like the Brisbane river.

I know there are other fishes around and was wondering if its because I was fishing the bottom that all i get is catfish? Do breams, salmon, cod get picked up by fishing the bottom? or middle depth

Bait ranges from prawns, mullet and whitting.

Rigs I use are paternoster, or a simple running rig.

Hope to get some insight

Cheers

sounds to me like maybe your fishing in the one spot all the time as well. If you are doing this then maybe you have found a spot where all the catfish congregate? Maybe move around a little more and try diffrent water depths and diffrent structures.

Maybe even throw a float on and suspend a live bait underneath it, you might hook into a big Bull Shark and there are plenty of them around in the river...

Good Luck with it mate...cheers Beejay

Wow nice catch you got there Taib... I'll definitely try all the suggestions here this weekend... if it doesn't rain.

I have fished the same spot twice, each session got me about 7 - 8 catfish. At least they got bigger and bigger as time passed.

I just have to get used to the current in the river which is totally new to me as I am used to fishing stillwater

Archived