2010 Winter Camp

AFO

** This thread discusses the content article: 2010 Winter Camp **

logo_winter_camp_2010.jpg

Dear members of Brisbane Fishing Online, you are invited to attend the 2010 Winter Camp hosted by Sports Tuition and Brisbane Fishing Online!

To view the report from last years event, please feel free to click here:  http://www.australianfishing.com.au/forum/100-winter-camp/202766-2009-winter-camp-wrap-up

All boats are provided. Sports Tuition has a fleet of Quintrex tinnies and Rosco canoes, all of which are powered by Minn Kota electric motors. The use of private boats may become available closer to the date, however, it will be determined by the accessibility of the dam. At the moment access is extremely limited.

[ul]

[li]Weekend is fully catered[/li]

[li]Cabin accommodation[/li]

[li]All fishing gear and live shrimp is supplied[/li]

[/ul]

You need to bring the following:

[ul]

[li]Sheets/blanket (sleeping bag) & pillow...also recommend a fitted single sheet for the mattress[/li]

[li]Towel[/li]

[li]Toiletries[/li]

[li]Torch[/li]

[li]Wet-weather gear[/li]

[/ul]

Weekend commences at 8:00am on Saturday and concludes Midday Sunday.

AGENDA

Saturday 26 June 2010

8:00am Arrive Numinbah Valley Environmental Education Centre

10:30 Morning Tea served on the water

1:00 Lunch

3:30 Afternoon tea served on the water

5:30 Fish Filleting

7:00 Dinner

Campfires

Sunday 27 June 2010

6:30am Breakfast

8:00 Day two fishing commences

10:00 Morning Tea served on the water

12:00 Weekend concludes with prize presentations

Prizes awarded for (8 prize categories)

1. Best Misc Fish (Excluding Bass & Yellas)

2. Longest bass

3. Longest Yellowbelly

* If a prize category is not caught it goes to the next longest combined bass total.

To register, please click here: http://www.sportstuition.com.au/events.html or for further details phone Steve on 0403 154 510

Please send a confirmation email of attendance to both myself Steve Wilkes: sportstuition@optusnet.com.au and Angus Gorrie from Brisbane Fishing Online: angus@australianfishing.com.au (so he may compile a list to show in the forum).

Please include in this email:

Name:

Username:

Mobile Number:

rayke1938 wrote:

It is on the Sports Tuition site when you click on the link.Dunno if Angus forgot to put it up or wants everyone to look at sports tuition.

Cheers

Ray

Yeah all the major details are on the Sports Tuition link.

YOU MUST book through Sports Tuition not AFO.

Essentially it is a AFO event in the fact that is it AFO members only. Aside from that Sports Tuition is doing all the organising etc. This is one where the AFO admin can sit back and enjoy as members :)

Angus

I'm keen. The only problem is I have only fished freshwater a couple of times for Sooty's up in Eungella dam.

Not really sure if i have any idea on how to fish for the targeted species. It would be a good oportunity to learn I guess.

• 3 weeks later...

rayke1938 wrote:

Just registered and paid. If you register before 26/5 you get a 30% discount.

Cheers

Ray

i just checked the sport tuition website and cant see where it says there is a 30% discount for early payment. i am sure i saw it there a while ago. does anyone know if it still applies?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

happywally wrote:

hey guys,

was wondering if we can bring our own tinnies...

cause mine is sitting in the shed BEGGING to be used...

cheers

Wally

I'm pretty sure in the past this has not been an issue. It is an electric only dam though.

Having said that I think the extra $50(??) for the use of Sports Tuition's boats is worth it to avoid the towing and care of your own.

I think that the main issue is that the western arm ramp is the only ramp available and that there will be extremely limited parking there and we will be using it with all the other users. Last time that i was there there was only enough room for 10 or so cars and trailers.

Steve may be intending to use access from the scout camp to launch maybe Angus can confirm.

Another issue is if you take your own leccy powered craft is the mucking around recharging the batteries overnight.

Cheers

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone

Sorry, there has been some confusion about an early registration discount of 30%. Those who have been before would realise that I am not able to offer anything like this. The cost for an adult weekend at the moment is $225. I was initially thinking about offering a $30 discount for early bird registrations, but in the end decided to reduce the cost regardless of the time of registration...and just make is $195 for all AFO members. But with my technology skills not quite up there with you guys, somehow the 30 was left in and calculated at a percentage. As soon as the first registration came in and the mistake was noticed, it was quickly removed. I hope this doesn't deter anyone from attending.

Hope to see you there. You can register under the events section on www.sportstuition.com.au

Thanks

Steve

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

jeff f wrote:

Zim man wrote:
is there a registration cut off date? i am coming, just getting my act in order and see what fits in the boot and what doesnt ;) i will take requests closer to the day

moosepee

saemi

napjaru

blades

and

and

and

will do Jeff, took a while to find a supplier but i will have some moosepee for you :laugh:

Archived