shimano stella sw

peterlam

There can be a few reasons. Probably the main one is specificity. With Stella's, you have a Stella, and that's pretty much it. With Saltiga's, there's the S Extreme, Dogfight, Maverick, Game, Surf and GT Special I think it's called. Pretty much a top quality reel for everything from beach fishing to jigging, poppering etc. Also, drag strength is much higher with the Saltiga's, and possibly build quality, but not 100% on that

I'd probably prefer the Saltiga too, and I'm a Shimano guy ;) (Though the Stella is bout $200 cheaper than the 'Standard Saltiga')

i personaly think that shimano make better low-profile baitcaster than diawa but when it comes to spin reels the diawa are amazingly smoothe and great casting distance. i have an uncle that owns the Saltiga dogfight and the stella sw both same size(5000) and i have used them and i found the saltiga was smother and had a greater casting range than the stella.

Cheers Ryan

no matter what reel you get it dosnt change the casting distance. it depends on what type of line and line weight, how tight it is on the spool and how much of it is on there. allthough my exceler isnt all that smooth but you can loosen it right off for sharks it barely has to touch it and the drag goes.

fishguru5 wrote:

no matter what reel you get it dosnt change the casting distance. it depends on what type of line and line weight, how tight it is on the spool and how much of it is on there. allthough my exceler isnt all that smooth but you can loosen it right off for sharks it barely has to touch it and the drag goes.

wrong mate, you pay for what you get and certain reels will cast further than others.match it to the correct rod and line class then it will matter even more.

put it this was. if u use the same rod line and lure a daiwa steez will easitly cast further than a jarvis walker of the same size. the shape of the spool lip and the way the line is laying on the spool are some other reasons wear casting distance can be different

Archived