Greetings from Tamatave Madagascar

Bushpig

Breetings to all at AFO. I've just arived in Tamatave Madagascar for a stint over here. The potential fishing spots look great both salt and fresh water. There are supposedly some rather large 'sharks' lurking in the gullies near the beach and hopefully will give it a go next week. Has anyone out there got any advise on fishing in Madagascar?

Cheers :woohoo:

Greetings Zim Man, No plans for a Zim visit but I might try and get into Mozambique for a while, possibly Vilanculos. Hopefully I'll get to Mauritius in April or May to chase some GT's on the flats. I've had no time to get a line wet as yet but hopefully I'll get a chance soon. :woohoo:

Some GT's in mauritius sounds alright.there got them tiger fish in the rivers near mozambique there :woohoo: .should hit a local guide up to go chace a couple. Do you know what a nyami nyami is yet :laugh: :laugh: ........those necklaces the little kids make from soap stone.they wont give up til ya buy one in my case nearly 50. bought the lot just to get rid of the kids :laugh: :laugh:

mick fillet wrote:

Some GT's in mauritius sounds alright.there got them tiger fish in the rivers near mozambique there :woohoo: .should hit a local guide up to go chace a couple. Do you know what a nyami nyami is yet :laugh: :laugh: ........those necklaces the little kids make from soap stone.they wont give up til ya buy one in my case nearly 50. bought the lot just to get rid of the kids :laugh: :laugh:

Nyaminyami is the zambezi river god. The Kariba dam separating Zimbabwe and zambia is supposed to have separated Nyaminyami from his mate and the locals beleive that one day he will destroy to dam wall to hook up with her so to speak. as far as i know it is the river god of the batonga people. i just found a wiki link to here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_legend_of_Nyaminyami

the curio`s of nyaminyami are sold everywhere, in south africa they tried to tell me it was a sea horse. :huh:

But then i have seen one south african travel company advertising the vic falls as part of south africa so nothing suprises me.

... ah the legend of Myaminyami, it actually really came into promenence when Kariba was being built. Any 'disaster' or failing during the construction stage was contributed to Nyamnyami. I have a brass Nyaminyami and several wooden and soapstone ones ... It would be damn fine to get into a tiger or two, last time I fished for tiger was at Jozini in Natal about six years ago ... my mission is still to catch a tiger on my trusty 'echotech' fly rod ...

Archived