Where's the Carsguide?

ryanyoung

G'day all,

I got myself the Weekend Courier Mail today, suckered in by the chance to win a boat or tinny! I went home and flicked through, and all I found was a reference to the carsguide section for the 16 page liftout. I returned to the shop and flicked through some other copies, only to find.......Nothing. No carsguide, no 16 page liftout....Nothing :( :ohmy: :angry::huh: :S

Has anyone else had this drama, or am I cursed with a perfect run of bad luck?

Cheers,

Ryan.

Hi Ryan, did you come across any "fine lines"? They may have had printed somewhere you had to buy a car from carsguide to win the boat or tinny? They did a similar promotion a few months back i think... you buy a car that is advertised in the Carsguide, and open the trunk. If you were lucky, it would be filled with 1 dollar coins.

I would go back to where you bought the paper guys. I picked mine up at a local servo when the car was about to run out of fuel and I just had a look at the paper then and it contained the cars guide and the 16 page lift-out. I think you guys got stooged :(

Found the competition coupon, you have to either send it in to the Courier Mail or drop it in the correct barrel at the Tinnie and Tackle Show. Prizes are:

The boat - a 449 Estuary Master values at $26,187. Includes trailer, Honda 50hp 4-stoke engine, engine fit, water test, Bimini and envelope & battery, PLUS $2000 worth of fishing & camping gear

The Tinnies - three 399 Prolines valued at $9,998 each. Includes trailer, Honda 20hp 4-stroke engine, engine fit, water test and safety kit.

Archived