that time of the month

AZZA

Well had a great trip and got a touch of fishing in as well, landed at about 2:40 pm grabbed a 4b and headed into weipa picked up a drink then headed up the road to Mapoon which is about 70ks up the road. Now this road like everything else around Weipa is made from Bauxite and is like driving on ball bearings, so when you see a sig that says SLOW DOWN thats what you do if you want to stay on the road. Got waved down about 20 mins out of Weipa buy a couple that had got their hilux stuck in the mud on a side track after a quick recovery (go the Patrol)was on my way again.After finishing up my work in Marpoon headed back to Weipa as it was going dark makes for an interesting drive. After having an nice seafood red curry and a few brews hit the sack.

Awoke around half five and slipped away to the boat ramp to fish the sun rise. Was not much happining untill after the sun came up and a school of small gray mackeral started to bust up the bait out front. Managed to get two hits but no hook ups then they moved out too wide for my casting. So i packed up and went and had breaky and did some work.Have to get on a plane now so will continue this yarn later with some photos.

P1020788_AFO.jpg

A very fishy looking river

Hi Azza. A friend of mine drags his boat up to Mapoon every year and parks his car there. Then travels about 30 or 40k up the coast in the boat to where a few rivers enter the gulf and camps (with the crocs and pigs)on the beach for a week. Reckons the fishing is magic and the scenery just as good. I have missed out the last couple of yeas because of other commitments and can't go this year, but looking forward to it in 2011!

Archived