ryanyoung

Hello there Mods and/or Admin types, and all those legitimately concerned with my tech dramas!

I can't seem to view anyones profile. The marginal information loads, however the main body does not. I cannot see profile pics or any of the status updates etc. Is this an isolated problem with me, or do others have the same drama. If it is just me, can someone please remove the tech mozz I seem to be suffering from lately, or else tell me that my computer is just out of date or something lol!

Cheers,

Ryan.

what ellicat said .

working ok here on vista and firefox .

a lot of the times its a certain OS ,browser or computer type ,that only has issues .

so u got to let them know the info ,that way they can nut it out .

sometime people are on a mac ,but running Parallels so they can use windows.

reckon the main ones are OS and browser .

but if u are on a mac or running parallels u should let them know that too ,info always helps .

fishguru5 wrote:

seems moderators and admin dont have problem but users do ? weird with a capital M :D

It has nothing to do with that ;) I just checked with IE 7 and got the same problem. However, with Firefox (3.6 I think) it's all good.

I would really recommend everyone switching to Firefox. It's a far better browser and has few, if any problems. It only takes 5 mins to install and you can transfer all your favourites over easily.

It has nothing to do with the age or operating system of your computer. As stated earlier, try using a different browser to Internet Explorer. Firefox is definitely working perfectly, but I am guessing Google Chrome and others would also work seeing as Internet Explorer regularly is the only one with problems

Have any changes been made lately, cause everthing was working perfectly until just recently.

And sometimes people its just not as easy as telling someone to use another browser.

Some people have no computer savvy to change. And some people have jobs and its a bit difficult on some company it Systems.

shortie wrote:

Have any changes been made lately, cause everthing was working perfectly until just recently.

And sometimes people its just not as easy as telling someone to use another browser.

Some people have no computer savvy to change. And some people have jobs and its a bit difficult on some company it Systems.

Agree.

We upgraded some parts of the site last night, to see if that would fix the issue being experienced where profiles are not viewable with the Internet Explorer browser.

This doesnt seem to have fixed it and would most probably be due to a conflict in some javascript (which IE doesnt handle well), so we will keep working on it to find a solution.

Archived