Brisbane River Brecky Creek area beam

Dano

Had a nice sesh last night / sunday night down near the mouth of the brecky creek with my brother and some mates

Sunday night:

~30cm Barred grunter bream took a large live prawn

couple just on legal bream on live prawns

~90cm bull shark on live mullet

Couple of bust offs on small live mullet

All fish released

Tuesday night:

37cm Bream nice and fat! took a live mullet and fought well

2 x ~25cm bream on live prawns

1 x ~30cm Flathead on live prawn

Couple of bust offs / no hookups on small live mullet

Kept the bream gonna be dinner tonight!

STILL CHASING THE ELUSIVE THREADY!

All of the above fish bar the little flatty were not caught by me haha Matt AKA Pondo on the forum was responsible for the prize Bream and the shark

bream-1.jpg

bream-2.jpg

nice fish! thats a true snodger of a bream! great work guys. Bream are one of my favourite eating fish to. i wrap them in foil with unsalted butter, lemon slices, cracked black pep, sea salt, fresh basil leaves and a clove of garlic bashed up for good measure. simple. fresh. tasty.

enjoy! :laugh:

idrewapicture wrote:

nice fish! thats a true snodger of a bream! great work guys. Bream are one of my favourite eating fish to. i wrap them in foil with unsalted butter, lemon slices, cracked black pep, sea salt, fresh basil leaves and a clove of garlic bashed up for good measure. simple. fresh. tasty.

enjoy! :laugh:

like the sound of that! I never really know how long to cook for though any tips? Temp, time? I was thinking of putting them in the oven or webber...

fan forced oven moderate temp (180 degrees c) for about 10 mins ish depending on the size and efficiency of the oven. Dont forget if your keeping whole, score the fillets nice and deep (not all the way through) so the flavours can permeate through the flesh. Easiest way to check that its cooked, you will see a white liquid start to come out of the fish when its perfectly ready and will be firm to the touch and spring back lightly. This recipe is a pretty failsafe one as the butter and juices retain the moisture throughtout the fish if you over do it slightly.

with the webber idea, if you can get your hands on a bannana leaf, they retain moisture and give a sweetish tropical sorta flavour to the fish, substitute the lemons with limes and the garlic with ginger, gorgeous!

Im a chef so anyone wants any tips im always available and willing to help :)

Archived