NthPR 19Mar10

fenelious

Had an ok arvo at the river on Friday. It started off a bit slow at about 1640... met up with Matt, a fellow kayaker from my local BCF. First up I got a hook up at about 1700 on a Berkley Frenzy FS6-S (shallow minnow), but he jumped off about half way in. He didn't feel too big, but who knows.

A bit later I landed this 37cm Bass on a River2Sea CnkD40:

IMG_2267.JPG

Then it was ages before I got any action. I tried a couple of different hardbodies and a Rover, but it was when I went back to the FS6-S after dark with the headlamp on that I landed this 36cm Bass:

IMG_2268.JPG

Now it was pretty dark, no moon, and real soon after my second I landed another 37cm Bass on the Frenzy again. I just bought this lure the other day and this was it's maiden voyage, looks like it might get a bit of use in the future :)

IMG_2269.JPG

A few more casts and that was it for me. Not a bad session for me in that spot with lures... slow going though for a 3hr sesh.

All fish released.

P.S. I filled a paper bag full of rubbish (again more! :angry:) on my way out, left by some lazy inconsiderates. How hard is it to take your rubbish with you when you go?!?

-Steve.

Nice fish there mate. I have found the same thing up that way with the rubbish. It doesn't matter how clean you leave the place, someone will come along and trash it again. I have repeatedly cleaned areas up there of drink cans, bait packets, and other random stuff only to trip over new piles a couple of days later! Ba*tards.

Ryan.

nice work steve! Im happy to see you get fish on the frenzy as i just bought the same lure :)

cant wait to give it a flick tomorrow evening. It sucks about the rubbish doesnt it,

i took heaps of the shit away from the spot saturday night, including old leaders with

hooks, squidgey packets and mainly beer/ drink cans/ just a shame really.

Archived