North Pine Report

idrewapicture

Hey guys, talked to Ray and got the hot tip for places to chase Bass and Yellas in the North Pine. Got my gear ready saturday arvo after a quick look in BCF to find some lure bargains. Bought a Spinner Bait in 1/4 wieght and a berkley frenzy vibe. Then came across kokoda lures for $2 each, so bought a chugger frog and the bat in bright green.

Headed down to the spot for about 5pm. Showed up the first spot and found about 6 guys there allready, 3 with expensive baitcast gear and tn60's or ecogear sx/vx 40s etc. Spoke to one guy (who was bugging me flickin ciggy buts in the water) who got onto a 45cm yella on a spinner bait.

We hung around there for about 15 mins but it was like a fishermans bowling alley with a yard each side of you and room enough to cast dead straight out. So we moved up the river about 100m and found a nice little spot without a soul. There was heaps surface action and bugs and **** everywhere so we went straight for surface lures.

after about 45 minutes with me having a few looks on the frog style surface chugger but no action, my mate cliff loaded up on "the bat" and pulled in his first, and a nice, 40cm aussie bass. We were stoked as. After another 15 mins i got smacked on "the bat" and pulled up a sweet lil 33cm bass, the exctiment was unreal seeing the fish hit the lures right on the water. I pulled in another 38cm bass not long after and there was action and excitment everywhere for another 45 mins or so till it was well and truely dark around 7:15pm so we headed off.

All the bass were release unharmed and went on to fight another day. Was a really awesome session and i would like to throw a shout to Ray the legend for putting us onto some great fish and being willing to share his spot with us. Thanks heaps again Ray, i owe u a cold beer mate.

:silly:

cheers guys

drew

ps. how do i attach images?

Good to hear the tips paid off :woohoo:

1500 x 1000 pixels and 500kb is the largest allowable picture size.

Make sure you have the image saved as a jpeg (xxxxx.jpg).

When you are in the text box you will see below it "Select image file to attach" followed by a blue box followed by a "button" that says "Browse". Click on this button and then locate the file you want to post. Select it and then submit your post.

You can only upload one picture at a time.

Archived