North Pine River 23/03/10

idrewapicture

hey guys, hit the river for sunset as didnt get a chance last night, arrived at 5:58pm.

Walked the banks for a bit till i saw some nice surface action so i threw out the kokoda Chugger Frog and first cast bout halfway through a slow constant retrive with a few small tiwitches, got hammered! Pulled in a nice lil 33cm to the fork bass.

After 3 casts more and continuous surface action, i switched to kokoda The Bat in bright green. Concentrated on the fringes a bit more attempting to replicate a cicada or beetle falling from a branch. First or second cast, got a nice hit and missed it, then next cast pulled in a 29cm specimen.

Few more casts and got a few follows where i could see the fins and water movement of a fish checking out the lure but no hit. So bid my time a little, and started another retrieve and as the lure got to within 4 feet of my lowered rod tip, BAM a little, but hungry, bass jumped on and surprised the proverbial outa me. came in at an impressive 21cm B)

Was starting to get dark and i was on a schedule to be home by 6:45, this left me with about 3 or so minutes more fishing time. so i figured, 1 last cast.

Gave the rod some real curry hoping to get it right out the back and on the lid of something worthy. Lure hits the water and i start my retrieve, same sorta thing as usual, slow constant with a few wiggles etc. 2 winds or so in and BAM! Heart nearly jumped outa my chest as i felt some serious weight (in comparison) and the lil 1000 with 4lb started to scream a lil, im sure it was in pleasure :kiss:

after a minute or 2 and a few good bursts and runs i saw some colour and the smile started to form on my face. Got the bugger outa the water without the assistance of a decky or net and was stoked to see it come in at 43cm, a PB Bass! WOO HOO! wasnt worth another cast after my 106db scream of elation so packed up my kit and went home with the stink of fish on my hands. a good day. All fish released unharmed

cheers

drew

Archived