looking for some cheapo travel rod blank.

kakaryan

Hi mate,

I hv got a vintage pistol grip handle recently, and I want to rebuilt the entire rod. :)

So I am looking for rod blank around.

I want it to be a travel rod, so the ideal blank would be 6-7 feet, 3 or 4 pieces, and for light work around 2-4kg is ok.

I dont want it to be expensive, cos the handle doesnt seem to be any high end expensive stuff either. :laugh:

I hv found some that suit me though online stores. Some are really cheap for around $30-$60. But most of them are in US or Japan. I hv asked for postage and they charge really high, around $40 -100, even higher than the blank itself. :ohmy:

As the blank are just 4 pieces, I doubt that do they really need to charge postage that high, they are not 1pc or 2pc rod and not oversize. I hv bought some 4pc fly rod blank from US before, and at that time it only required about $20 for postage, much reasonable.

So I am now looking at aussie online store, hopefully to find the suitable blank and with lower postage, but not yet. I dont find many store that sell blank, or they only have a narrow range of choice that dont suit me.

Do anyone know some good aussie onlinestore selling blank that can share? Thanks. :)

i know okuma do a nice travel rod that breaks down to 3-4 peices and is ither a 1-3 or 2-4 and theres a 3-6kg stick

the 1-3 iv seen in person and is quiet a nice stick which is surprising since its a 4pce travel rod and its from okuma

also seen the loomis travel rods and of course they are nice but $$$

Archived