What I've bought...

Do$tylz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nice Nick

what bait caster did you end up choosin?

i got a Abu Garcia Revo STX Generation-3

Hey Nook,

Let mw know what you think of the STX after you have run it in. I purchased an SX in Oct last year to take north and it performed quite well on trevs/jacks/barra and everything in between. Held up well in the salt also which I was extremely pleased at. Let me know how you go mate.

will do mate i had a play around with it and it cast well and the drag is smooth and i like the fact of how easy it is to take the side plate off and adjust it ill be putting it to the real test when i go up north tho

cheers nick

• 3 weeks later...

Had a big stocking up session of late.

will post the pictures tonight, but of late ( last few weeks ) this is what i've brought.

Suzuki Vitaria 4x4 (2 door)

2x 11' Daiwa caldia 2004

2x Nordic stage Jeager

2 x Shimarno raraiumium 1000

1 x Super PE 6lb 300m

1 x Toray Bawo Super Hard Super Finesse 2lb

1 x fc rock 2lb

15 odd DUO lures

few packets of Jigheads and Plastics :D

awesome sess

A few things I thought I would post...

I have a few great trips coming up this year and I have commenced a bit of stock piling...

First of all my first delivery from the online store of Fish Head... Love this stuff.

Check the Fish Head site if you want to oggle some truly unique items...

post-63-14459892395_thumb.jpg

Secondly I could not refuse the 20% off hards and plastics that Davo's put on for the Sunday. With the 10% off everything else finally thought I would grab some spotter and also thought I would give a Shimano Symetre a good flogging and see how far I could push it.

post-63-144598923955_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

post-5559-144598928663_thumb.jpg

Just a couple things from Nomad seeing I have a Trip to Vanuatu coming up and they are having amassive clear out of stock and 60% off Sebile lures.

2x 152 Sebile Splashers

1x 90 Sebile Stick Shad

150lbs Jigging Master Leader

No that's not a vibrator it's a cush-it

10x inline 10/0 hooks to replace the trebles on a couple lures.

[attachment=61795]062.JPG[/attachment]

[attachment=61796]datstoage.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=61797]883243_546894012007488_1943316603_o.jpg[/attachment]

399 proline 09' with a 2011 30hp Yammy 2 stroke :D

Nicely pimped tinny mate. Congrats. B)

Nice one Runtman!

I did a silly thing today and bought myself a recycled sulo bin.

Now i can get into the skinny water and the rivers to chase some cod.

[attachment=61924]calypso-kayak-large.jpg[/attachment]

Now all we need to do is modify that back hatch into an esky B) YOu already have the stubby holder :) You can come fishing with me anytime after that! :woohoo: We shall name it the brew boat.

I did a silly thing today and bought myself a recycled sulo bin.

Now i can get into the skinny water and the rivers to chase some cod.

[attachment=61924]calypso-kayak-large.jpg[/attachment]

Now all we need to do is modify that back hatch into an esky B) YOu already have the stubby holder :) You can come fishing with me anytime after that! :woohoo: We shall name it the brew boat.

Sounds good Jarryd.

Dunno about that name though,lol

That hatch itself will hold plenty of ice :P

Been looking for a downrigger for a while and wanted either a Scotty or a Cannon. I settled on a Scotty Depthking for $192.00 AU, plus I received a $20.00 discount so postage was free. I wanted a fairly heavy duty one that had the 2 feet per turn (easier retrieval) and can take heavier weights.

/>http://www.scotty.com/fishing-gear-equipment/compact-manual-downriggers/1060-depthking.htm

• 3 weeks later...

I awoke this morning to find my new Nordic Gunslinger, an Orvis fly rod, and a dozen hand tied flies arrived. Felt a little like xmas. :lol:

Can't wait to blood them, might give the Nordic a run later this morning. I must say it feels bloody nice with the certate on it.

I awoke this morning to find my new Nordic Gunslinger, an Orvis fly rod, and a dozen hand tied flies arrived. Felt a little like xmas. :lol:

Can't wait to blood them, might give the Nordic a run later this morning. I must say it feels bloody nice with the certate on it.

Keep in mind the Gunslinger, of the whole Areal range I found could actually cast flies quite far!

It is a concept I am keen to explore further.

Good luck.

Angus

Archived