What I've bought...

Do$tylz

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Had half an hour to kill at lunch so went to have a window shop at Jones' Tackle. Was greeted by the Runt man who sold me a Shimano Talica 8 and Shimano Terez 20-40lb.

Awesome little reel with plenty of nuts and enough room to fit 400m of PE4. My regular outfit is a talica 12 which I thought looked small, this thing in comparison is tiny. The overhead terez is nice too. Seems to have a more progressive action than the spin terez models.

post-2413-144598440805_thumb.jpgIMG_0209.JPG[/attachment]

Should be a bit more sporting than my usual gear and still have enough balls to stop some pretty big fish.

Pretty jealous. I have the 12 and love it to bits. But sometimes feel it has a bit too much "come here ya bastard" think the 8 will be a joy to fish with!

Recently took the plunge and bought a baitcaster for bass.

Its a Daiwa Alphus R 103 on a Gary Howard 2-4kg Tropical Assassin. Have spooled it with 6lbs braid. Hope I just haven't bought myself a pile of trouble :unsure:

[attachment=67541]IMG_0837.JPG[/attachment]

Cheers,

Andrew

I bought the 6-10kg Tropical Assassin for freshwater cod, and so far, have been very impressed with it. It reigns in bigger fish with ease, and will also throw large lures 1oz<. I reckon you will have a bit of fun with it.

Recently took the plunge and bought a baitcaster for bass.

Its a Daiwa Alphus R 103 on a Gary Howard 2-4kg Tropical Assassin. Have spooled it with 6lbs braid. Hope I just haven't bought myself a pile of trouble :unsure:

[attachment=67541]IMG_0837.JPG[/attachment]

Cheers,

Andrew

I bought the 6-10kg Tropical Assassin for freshwater cod, and so far, have been very impressed with it. It reigns in bigger fish with ease, and will also throw large lures 1oz<. I reckon you will have a bit of fun with it.

How do you like it now Andrew ?

post-11541-144598998568_thumb.jpg

Went to Tackle Warehouse today for the first time and I am glad I did.

With opening night 3" minnows being my go-to snapper lure I was quick to snap up some curly tailz and the 4" dieZel minnows in the same colour.

Also looking forward to trying the DieZels in pinfish and I like the look of the smokey shad 3" minnows so hopefully they produce some fish.

Broke my reel yesterday so replaced it with another sienna 2500, great little reel for the price and they seem to hold up to the bigger snapper.

• 2 weeks later...

Lashed out and bought a new 4000 FE Stella, it arrived today and it's a very nice reel. I tried to buy local but apparently they don't price match any more.

I also bought 3 x of the new Tairyo Nano speed plus series rods in a 2 to 4, a 4 to 6, and a 6 to 8kg.

They are a very nice rod and come with all the good fittings.
/>http://www.anglermate.com.au/pro/TAIRYO_RODS/2011/1202/7.html

They even come with a really nice hard travel tube.

Well it is not quite up to the standard of the last few posts in this thread :whistle: but a couple of new additions have made their way to my stable.

First up was a Majorcraft Basspara baitcast rod, 8-14lb so should be just enough grunt to tame a couple of species i have in mind :)

post-7024-144599004666_thumb.jpg

post-7024-144599004677_thumb.jpg

And next after a long time bagging them out and saying I'd never get one, Shimano brought out a long overdue updated model of the Stradic Ci4. It feels much nicer than the old model in the hand and I'm looking forward to seeing if it is as good as the FJ has been for me. As you can see I actually forgot I'd bought it and it was still sitting in the cupboard in the box straight from the shop :blush:

post-7024-144599004687_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Shimano Vanquish 2000s.

150 Pe 0.6

185g

12+1 s arb ball bearings

4kg drag

5.2 gear ratio - 70cm

Kinda feels like a daiwa steez on steroids! Smooth like stella, but 'lighter' to turn the handle like daiwa. Less handle play than stella, feels tight. Feels like a very solid little reel, even though only 185g. Drag feels very nice like stella. Can't wait to get it wet. Spooling with Pe 0.8 sea bass. IMO very good competition for steez 2004. Landed in Australia for roughly $500.

post-7718-144599010297_thumb.jpg

Haha! Yeah. I definitely don't think you're an idiot for buying a Racing Condition. Have you had the chance to use it yet? How would you rate it against a steez?

To be honest, I don't think I'll spool up the RC. Might keep that puppy mint so I don't really know about the comparison. Also - I've never owned a steez.

What I am going to do though is keep the 2 Luvitos and spool them up. Time to go through some of my old gear to get rid of to offset the purchases.

Shimano Vanquish 2000s.

150 Pe 0.6

185g

12+1 s arb ball bearings

4kg drag

5.2 gear ratio - 70cm

Kinda feels like a daiwa steez on steroids! Smooth like stella, but 'lighter' to turn the handle like daiwa. Less handle play than stella, feels tight. Feels like a very solid little reel, even though only 185g. Drag feels very nice like stella. Can't wait to get it wet. Spooling with Pe 0.8 sea bass. IMO very good competition for steez 2004. Landed in Australia for roughly $500.

[attachment=68651]image_2013-11-20-2.jpg[/attachment]

Cool man. Looking forward to seeing this in action.

As you can see I actually forgot I'd bought it and it was still sitting in the cupboard in the box straight from the shop :blush:

[attachment=68160]Reel005.JPG[/attachment]

Going through this thread has just reminded me it's still sitting there in the cupboard, in the box with no line on it, just where I put it after taking that photo :blush: Goes to show how much alot of us really do "need" new gear ;):lol:

Archived