Chinchilla

rosstralia46

Am going west to chinchilla to vist relos at chinchilla and have fished out there before. Going to throw a line in set shrimp pots but am wondering where would be a good spot and especially with the recent rains have fished at rocky weir when it was high once and scored 2 nice jew and 3 nice big yellowbelly but have had no luck since its been low and caught a yella at archers crossing last time but does anyone know any good spots fisherjack? i think ur out that way?

Cheers Guys B)

mate spots around chinchilla, well it depends if you are using lures or bait.

LURE's : in charlies creek mainly in big deep holes the fish like the cover and hang around the bottom, always good fun throwing lures when the fish are on the bite. spinnerbaits are usually the way to go. You dont need to go anywhere special anywhere along the creek will produce good quantitys of yellas.

BAIT: In chalies creek bobbing i would use shrimp for yellas, carp like creyfish better i have found. a good spot to bob is down past the racecourse follow that all the way down and it will take you to a reserve in there, you get heaps of yellas out of there. if you want more info on this spot PM me.

in the condamine i would fish on the bottom running sinker num2 hook. archers crossing is really fished out at the moment so if you can walk along the bank downstreem there are some really good spots down there. try and fish on the inside corner of the river. mainly carp in there, but if you get a yella it is usually pretty big.

Mate pm me with the date you are coming out, you could come out with me sometime. i am home all hols. hope this helped.

jacko

Archived