good fishing spots around moreton and the river???

toonie

hi, could someone help me!! my mate and i been doing a lot of fishing of late out on the boat around the mouth of the river and around mud island! we havent had any success!! catch nothing but catfish and rays!! :laugh: kinda getting sick of it! can some1 please lets us know where else we can try and land something decent! thanks heaps! :cheer:

send some big livies (or lures if you prefer) down to the coffee pot beacons near mud if all else is quiet, otherwise hit the wharves and rocks in the river, sometimes you gotta move to find the fish and other times you hit congregations like you wouldnt believe

cheers

dan

The catties are everywhere in the river... You can't avoid them, but to get onto some of the better fish make sure you are giving them some nice big baits or lures. I throw whole pillies on a 3 hook snelled rig nice and close up to the structure and have been getting onto some squire lately, in between all the catfish of course

it's not always the spot but technique , tides , moon phase and if its quiet or busy etc. concentrate on 1 spot to start with like the mouth of the brissy for example and read back through the tacklebox section here , these guys and gals here have years of experience and you won't become a pro overnight but you will get there if you pesevere

mark

Archived