Somerset/Wivanhoe Dams tomorrow.

dejavou

Planning on joining the rest of the crazies and heading up to the dams for a spot land based fishing. It was a late decision by my two partners in crime so I was hoping for some advice on where abouts to wet a line? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, including any places to avoid (ie high use areas).

Thanks in advance :)

my advice is also to steer clear this weekend, not to many spots to wet a line from the froeshores there, especially this weekend, i was gunna head up there too, but thought twice about it, but def goin up soon, if your keen, there will prob be a few of us up there, and you can take me tinnie for a spin if ya got a licence, or some 1 with a licence in da boat, as there is always a few of us chasin da reddies. and a great weekend is had by all.

rob

yeah I wasnt planning on heading up there this weekend as just about everyone else will be there but my two crazy mates are determined to go so I cant let the go fishing without me. I was thinking Wivenhoe as Somerset will be full of boats, but still not sure of any good locations around the shore.

Should be able to find some quiet spots around Cormorant Bay. Its to the right just before you go over dam wall coming from Fernvale. Usually good for some forkies and tandanus and gar if you can get out of wind.Hardware shop on right at Fernvale sells worms and prawns for bait.

Cheers

Ray

Archived