boat rock part 3

tugger

got out again with a mate steve and stradiebrad off point lookout stradie fishing around the group and boat rock it looked like the last fishable day of the weekend so we hit them early good friday. i left the ramp with steve at cleveland at 0400 and met brad over at amity on stradie at 0430 we motored towards the bar and had a good look at it for about 20 minutes while a bit of light got in the sky. the bar was a bit tricky but we got outside and was met by excellent coditions then we proceded to boat rock while passing one other boat at shag rock. the plan was to look at the weather once at boat rock and if need be come back and fish shag rock if it was to rough but conditions were good at spot a so we anchored up with only 5 to 10 knot breeze. it was quite calm behind the rock and there was no current at all there today so i changed to a no. 2 ball sinker on my floatline rig and the snapper started to come in thick and fast. steve and i were going fish for fish on pilchards baits but brad was using pike which wasn't producing so he changed over and started to catch us. we ended up bagging out in under 2 hours on snapper but strangely for this spot there was no other species so we tried drifting but ti was starting to get uncomfortable for this. the plan next was to troll for spanish or wahoo with another couple of small boats doing the same all morning we were expecting good things. after a hour of trolling we pulled the pin and set off for the bar to drop off brad again and head home the bar was easy on the way in then wished brad a good weekend on stradie with brad going back to his mob on the island with a bucket full of snapper for good friday. took a few pictures of steves and my share of the catch back at home after the 3rd trip to the same spot in a week all around the full moon

mark IMG_1779.JPG

tugger wrote:

no never only bait for me except trolling the odd hard body lure yoyo wrote:
great stuff tugger.

Seems you're a huge fan of floatlining, do you ever get around to using SP's or jigs much ?

mark doesnt have the required noodle rods for what you're suggesting :cheer:

nice haul mark im in love with the snappa at the moment

Nice Mark, those snapper look very tasty, but not as tasty as the prawns and crayfish I have in my fridge for tonights dinner from Woolworths... :P

Woolworths at Capalaba was selling cooked king prawns for 10 bucks a kg to get rid of them and the crayfish were normally 25 bucks each but I picked up 2 for 20 bucks :woohoo:

Good work though mate, seems boat rock has worked well for you and Brad this week, was wondering if you ate that jobfish? and if you did, how did it go down? Cheers Beejay

yeah had some job fish fresh its eats well and i just caught some prawns down the creek tonight for prawn sangers tomorrow

Beejay wrote:

Nice Mark, those snapper look very tasty, but not as tasty as the prawns and crayfish I have in my fridge for tonights dinner from Woolworths... :P

Woolworths at Capalaba was selling cooked king prawns for 10 bucks a kg to get rid of them and the crayfish were normally 25 bucks each but I picked up 2 for 20 bucks :woohoo:

Good work though mate, seems boat rock has worked well for you and Brad this week, was wondering if you ate that jobfish? and if you did, how did it go down? Cheers Beejay

bugger i imagine what has happened

mark

wesfish wrote:

yeah was a fun adventure, all i can say is 25 yammy 2 stroke beat 275 verado loltugger wrote:
how did you go wes on thursday in the bay

wesfish wrote:

great catch of snaps mark!
:laugh:

wesfish wrote:

yeah was a fun adventure, all i can say is 25 yammy 2 stroke beat 275 verado loltugger wrote:
how did you go wes on thursday in the bay

wesfish wrote:

great catch of snaps mark!
:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ya smart &*$#@ wes.

yeah mark had my first problem with the verado ay.we put in at comslie wed night and the boat didnt leave the dock. i was warming the motor up and a smart craft guage let me know that there is going to be a problem in the future with a fuel flow sensor.it hasnt gone yet the motor runs fine but the smart craft picked up a glitch that occured in the sensor.pritty darn good I reckon these smart craft even gives ya the code for new parts which were ordered wed.night at 10:00 over the phone while we were still at the ramp.

so safty first we went home and grabed wes's 395 tinnie and another fuel tank from my tinnie as we are going to need the fuel and we still headed out over the bay which had a nice lump about it.we did good doin a bit of a prefish before the M.B.C. :woohoo:. found some new ground that produced well.39 snaps 4 lancer fish 2 grassys 1 maori cod flathead.no tuna or mackeral unfurtunatly.maybe monday.

mick

Archived