(Text Message) 98cm Long Tail

Biggles

I'm sure someone will put up a report. its showertime and then kip time for me.

It involved a) my lightest rod B) lines tangling when I got spun around 360 degrees by this tuna c) me getting spooled d) me chasing it down e) me struggling to get it up from 15 metres down f) trying to get my lip grips in its mouth g) victory cheer.

What is scary I think, is I still think the fish I lost last time with Lee was bigger. Certainly had a bit more pulling power and speed.

Edit: by spooled, I mean I literally had 0 wraps of line on the spool.

Thanks for the great day out guys and a massive thanks to Tomca for the loan :) Terry was first cab of the rank this morning with his tuna, it was a good fight to watch

terryfightingtuna.jpg

The reward

terriestuna3.jpg

Posing

terriestuna.jpg

terriestuna2.jpg

I ended up getting 4 squire with one worth keeping, a small mosses perch about 24cm and a very small parrot

45cmsnapper.jpg

45cmsnapper2.jpg

Thanks again Tom for the lend, I was suprissed at how stable it was in the roughish stuff and how well it kept up to the other models. I am really, really, really looking foward to mine arriving.

fishingnut wrote:

kreel looks a little cut in the second pic lol

I was just checking out the fish's head - the one Denis cut out of the shot.

Its true I came home with nothing to show, I did manage a whiptail, a grassy and a cod but none legal. All of a sudden I know what Pussca feels like.

I did manage to get the last moments of Terry's struggle as an .avi file I'll try to post it.

Great morning out although I feel wrecked now, and good company too.

Pussca do I have to call your Mum and have her put you in the quiet room for a while?

Oh, and shortly after Terry caught his Tuna, I had a little berlying to do - my first and therefore my PB yak on a yak.

I've uploaded the avi to the AFO videos and it is at the 'pending' stage.

Was on 20lbs, but the stick is a Daiwa Zillion baitcaster, but feels fairly light when you want to drag it up from 15m deep!

The lure was Predatek Viper in brown colour.

In hindsight, probably should have stayed around the tuna and kept trolling :( Sorry guys - was hoping there'd be a few big goldens around!

Bit surprised we didn't see the tuna school together a bit more and start attracting birds though!

It was awesome to watch Terry land that tuna. Congrats on your first longtail mate :) Not much was happening at the blinker. I caught a 37cm squire and a happy moment of all things! When kreel caught one too we left to find the others.

Back at Brays I caught another 37cm squire and had one huuuge run which popped off the hook as I was trying to get into a better position.

Quite a few Hobies out and about yesterday. The other group caught a cobia, spanish mack and longtail among other fish and are going back today!

[br] IMG_2578.jpg

tacklebox wrote:

It was awesome to watch Terry land that tuna. Congrats on your first longtail mate :) Not much was happening at the blinker. I caught a 37cm squire and a happy moment of all things! When kreel caught one too we left to find the others.

Back at Brays I caught another 37cm squire and had one huuuge run which popped off the hook as I was trying to get into a better position.

Quite a few Hobies out and about yesterday. The other group caught a cobia, spanish mack and longtail among other fish and are going back today!

[br] IMG_2578.jpg

Nice work Lizbeth B)

Al

Na mate, Keen as fisho and I were in the washing machine when they were near us (the area directly next to the breakers at brays - where its very lumpy and you literally get thrown around like you're in a washing machine) Dont' think they'd come in to say gday there!

nice catch of snapper Lizbeth and well done on outfishing mr chucky hahaha

sorry kreel i couldn't help it

mark

tacklebox wrote:

[br] IMG_2578.jpg

tacklebox wrote:

[br] IMG_2578.jpg

Was he trolling along fo rthe spanish mack?

That would be interesting in a yak....would pull you around everywhere.

webbfunk wrote:

I heard they were trolling skirted baits and were also using slugs and plastics.

Poor Mr Chucky. Usually I'm the one that gets sick but I took my travacalms B)

EDIT: I found a report from the other guys over at AKFF http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38260

tacklebox wrote:

webbfunk wrote:

I heard they were trolling skirted baits and were also using slugs and plastics.

Poor Mr Chucky. Usually I'm the one that gets sick but I took my travacalms B)

EDIT: I found a report from the other guys over at AKFF http://www.akff.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38260

"Poor Mr Chucky" from you too Tacklebox, oh how it hurts the most from the ones you love. :S

Hey Terry that video is still in the pending section I'll drop Johnny a line and see if there's a problem with it.

Archived