I DIDDNT KNOW THIS STILL HAPPENED!!

Jordan

Man thats fu*#ed up, had to shut it down half way threw cant handle watching that stuff, seeing footage of the whales getting harpooned down in antartica makes me sick aswell. maybe we should torture them and see how they like it:angry:

Post edited by: tls26, at: 2007/04/12 17:39

harpooning whales is similar to spearfishing you use asharp object target and destroy

it is disturbing but thats the way it is sometimes japan has lots of people and whales have lots of meat

although recently japanese have gone of the taste of whale and more in favour of our reef fish

they do it for their livelyhood, we do exactly the same thing to other species for fun, just because they are dolphins doesnt mean a thing, dont you think that the bullies you guy put videos of on here feel a hook through their mouth and get pulled by that hook for an hour, its fishing people, just a different way, i loved it, im going to go back and watch it over and over again

Chippy do you realy think like that or are you just pissing us off?

Honestly mate I took you for a better person! It's not funny!

Oz and Chippy I see your point - I catch herring with little reguard as to if they live or die. Just cause they are small doesn't mean sh_t, they are still a kill.

I have, due to pump failure, killed 20+ herring in one foul swoop - imagine if it was 20+ whales!

I see what you are saying!

BUT I do not condone my actions or theirs.

Post edited by: Brian D, at: 2007/04/12 21:50

How disturbing. But please don't blame the entire Japanese community. It is the government to blame. Most Japanese don't agree with it or even see anything to do with it in their daily lives. It is almost like a government supported black market. My spouse is Japanese and we discuss whaling regularly. When you say 'we should torture them and see how they like it', I hope you refer to the participators (hunters or buyers)or the governments involved. Not all Japanese people in general. The majority of them are on our side and have the same morals as us.

Oh and by the way Chippee - YOU ARE SICK AND NEED HELP! HOW UNAUSTRALIAN OF YOU.

• 11 months later...

Nastymind wrote:

How disturbing. But please don't blame the entire Japanese community. It is the government to blame. Most Japanese don't agree with it or even see anything to do with it in their daily lives. It is almost like a government supported black market. My spouse is Japanese and we discuss whaling regularly. When you say 'we should torture them and see how they like it', I hope you refer to the participators (hunters or buyers)or the governments involved. Not all Japanese people in general. The majority of them are on our side and have the same morals as us.

Oh and by the way Chippee - YOU ARE SICK AND NEED HELP! HOW UNAUSTRALIAN OF YOU.

BUMP!

I bumped this to relate to the thread "What's ya fav table fish"

Sorry guys i don't know how to copy links and stuff like that

Just to add to it......

Since visiting Japan and talking to many locals about this topic i have learnt a lot about it.

The Japanese society are lead to believe there is no harm in harvesting whales species that are not in threat and that some species ARE not in threat.

Just like our society is lead to believe they are in threat.

This is where i am confused.

I've never counted species and populations of whales myself.

I'm against whaling because of what i have been lead to believe.

Who knows who is being lied to?

Could be us, could be them.

I still don't condone it, but i have to admit i am very confused now.

My girlfriends parents told me whaling increased after America stripped Japan of everything they had in the war.

They have such a large population that they needed another source of food.

There was no problem with whale populations then so there it began.

Apparently the dolphin slaughtering is because the dolphins were in pest numbers and interfered with Japans fish stocks.

Once again, I don't condone it.

I am just more aware now and want people to learn to not blame all of the Japanese society.

Please

Michael

Thanks for bumping that michael. This thread was before my time on AFO and havign watched that video i am now actually feeling quite sick. killing them like that is just not on no matter who you are. Japanese Government should pull their heads out of the hole they have been in for the last however many years and realise that they cannot keep doing this. i have nothing against any japanese people but i do have a problem with their government for letting them do this

NOT ON JAPAN GOVERNMENT :angry:

Good for you Nastymind

A bit of reserch and knowledge on a subject sure can put things in prespective,it wasn't that long ago that Whales were hunted by Australians in our own waters.There are cultures that can't come at Pig,Lamb or Beef but I love a good bit of Cow to chew on.Each to there own I say as long as there is a sustainable population.

Mal

Its alittle hard to judge people as some other people might consider what we are doing (i.e. fishing) just as inhumane, I don't condone their actions nor do I fully understand the state of affairs, but in another way, japan is and has always been a fishing nation, fishing is a main source of income and food for them since the nation first began, or thats what I remember from history lessons from long ago... :P

If u guys wanna see slow painful deaths go on a website called liveleak and search for islammic miliatry executions and u will nearly throw up. Its islammic soldiers slitting russians throats and they hack into their throats and the russian people still move for about 2 mins, I nearly threw up.

big dyl wrote:

:( they dont care much about our sea life:angry:

They do care about life above the ocean though.

Maybe not as much as they should, but heaps more than Australians.

In Japan you don't see rubbish in the streets...... anywhere!

People don't even walk and eat at the same time.

They don't have single bins.

They have separatedc bins for bottles, cans, plastics and paper, and that's in their homes too.

When i came back from japan and looked around at our streets, parks and carparks full of litter, it really made me think about how hypocritical I myself have been at times.

We could share with Japan and learn a lot off each other

Nastymind wrote:

big dyl wrote:
:( they dont care much about our sea life:angry:

They do care about life above the ocean though.

Maybe not as much as they should, but heaps more than Australians.

In Japan you don't see rubbish in the streets...... anywhere!

People don't even walk and eat at the same time.

They don't have single bins.

They have separatedc bins for bottles, cans, plastics and paper, and that's in their homes too.

When i came back from japan and looked around at our streets, parks and carparks full of litter, it really made me think about how hypocritical I myself have been at times.

We could share with Japan and learn a lot off each other

yeah but then we'd be even more politically correct.

I was in Japan when Greenpeace first started at the whaling ships in 2006. Some japanese guys tried to buy us whale meat an a small restraunt we were in, the owner said... We dont have any, it's been very hard to come by for soem reason:laugh:

Obviously their culture sees these creatures in a very different light to how we do.

I dont believe they need to stop eating these animals which are classed as delicacy in the culture, but they do need to keep up with time and find a much less brutal way of killing them.

They also need research to ensure whales and dolphins are not fished out, and being migratory animals, what effect killing them will have on other parts of the world.

Archived