Solo trip testing the chief threadybuster

nadders

Had a quick fish this afternoon testing the second lure to be released in the lineup, the chief threadybuster.

Naturally the target was threadies :laugh: i managed one brilliantly golden fella who really put the kicks on and put up a great effort but landed him quickly and cleanly on 30lb. Released him carefully after the photo then called it a day, did not feel like a long session.

chiefthreadybuster.jpg

The lure itself is a size up from the deepthroater, coming in at 19g and 90mm. It is based on the 'robzam' of old and re-developed to a unique lure for deeper water or higher current areas with threadfin in mind. Local testing has shown it has the perfect sink rate and action for the task, and the synthetic tail avoids the constant irritating hook tangles and fouling that plagued the zams of 2009.

dt9011.jpg

Thanks for reading

Dan

I didnt have a ruler Tai but it wouldn't have gone over the meter- somewhere around 80-85. I think he thought he was well over the meter with the fight he put up, quite extraordinary i've had some real fizzers at that size but this one went nuts, great fun

cheers

Dan

Archived