Wivenhoe kayak fishing and camping Trip

dan25

hey guys

Heres a little report on our wivenhoe trip from the weekend. My mate (fisherjack1394) might want to right up a report himself aswell, so his pictures might be up abit later with his own story and pics, but heres mine.

Friday afternoon, we arrived and set up camp. Didnt have time to go for a yak, so stayed at camp and got ready for an early start the next morning.

The alarm went off at 4.am, still dark. We were on the dead flat water at about 5.30am, and we were pumped to catch ourselves our first wivenhoe bass.

CopyofIMG_7276.jpg

We trolled and trolled, and found a nice spot in the arvo, my lure got smashed on the troll. A nice fight, and a big fat bass came up, and fell in the net :woohoo: Was an awesome feeling, he measured 40cm to the fork, which smashed my old PB :cheer:

Copy2ofIMG_7281.jpg

Jack was next on. he soon called out, IM ON!. I paddled over to witness him fighting a nice fish. Up came another nice bass, and also his pb going 39cm to the fork. Well done mate. :) His pictures will be up in his report.

Soon later, he caught another, not as big but still nice size.

The next day jack got off to an awesome start getting himself 2 bass around 35cm each both on the troll. Hours later I got myself one, was also about 35cm to the fork, but nice and fat. :cheer: Also caught a nice spangled perch on a lure aswell.

Copy2ofIMG_7287.jpg

Was a great weekend apart from losing a new combo off the kayak :angry: , and I look forward to heading back there. jacks report will be up within the next week im sure. :)

CopyofDSCN0081.jpg

Thanks

dan

Nice report dan and congrats of your first hoe bass they look nice and fat out there at the moment Iv'e been wanting top get out there scince the water levels come up.What's the water color like ATM?Back luck on loosing the new combo to mate

cheers dassa

Archived