Fishin in the Coombabah Crk/ Coomera River 18-4-10

Miss Munchkin

Hey All,

So my partner(Mr Felix) and I headed out to Hope Island and wet a line for a relaxing day out, only to have the day slightly turn on us with the weather.

Arriving on the change over to a 1.8m tide at around 9:45 am, we chucked the lines in and started with a slow start. Mr Felix was using a variety of lures through out the few hours of being there with no luck on catching the fish, a few good bites though (only a few over the 4 hours). On the other hand whilst I was using bait of chicken gut and prawns, the fish started to bite.

Over the 4 hour period, a total of 6 fish were caught, all fairly decent size compared to the other times we have fished there. During the 4 hrs hours of being there, the fish inreased slightly in size, which was good.

Using Prawns, I landed some nice fish in the form of 2 Moses Perch comming in at sizes of 22.5 cms and the other one of approx 20 cms and a 18 cm bream aswell. On the Chicken Gut, All three fish were Butter Bream comming in at sizes of 15cm,16cm, and 18cms.

All up, the day was nice (except for the weather change) and for my sake, it was good outcome :cheer: (as 5 of the 6 fish were mine). Better luck next time for Mr Felix.

It would help on his part if it was actual healthy competition instead of being slaughtered almost all of the time ;)

Although the very few times that he does beat me, it is well worth it on his part. He and one day he and I will get out on a boat and fish a lil better. I would love to get on a boat and get out, but his tinnie isnt ready. It would be my first time but it would be a great change!

Archived